all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed S&S, running and Judo

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Wolv3rus

Level 3 Valued Member
I'm looking for a way to incorporate these 3 things in my training schedule.
I don't have any particular running plan and only do LSD, I primarily do it for the mental clarity it gives me plus my body really likes it. I can casually run for 30min no problem and eventually aim at 60min but I'm in no rush to achieve it, it's more for fun.
S&S is currently at 16kg get ups and 20kg swings and my goal is to first get "Timeless Simple" and eventually Simple.
Judo is on Monday and Thursday evening for 2hrs, moderate intensity with about 30min of calisthenics/gymnastics in the beginning.

My current idea looks like this:
Mon: running+Judo
Tue: s&s
Wed: s&s
Thu: running+judo
Fri: s&s
Sat: maybe s&s, running, both or rest
Sun: off

What do you guys think? How'd you approach this?

I don't have any particular running plan and only do LSD, I primarily do it for the mental clarity it gives me plus my body really likes it. I can casually run for 30min no problem and eventually aim at 60min but I'm in no rush to achieve it, it's more for fun.
S&S is currently at 16kg get ups and 20kg swings and my goal is to first get "Timeless Simple" and eventually Simple.
Judo is on Monday and Thursday evening for 2hrs, moderate intensity with about 30min of calisthenics/gymnastics in the beginning.

I haven’t seen him post anything in ages but @Kozushi might have some good ideas for you…

I would alternate running and S&S in the AM and train BJJ 2-3 evenings a week, which looks like what you're basically doing. It worked fine for me. I don't know how Judo practice compares to BJJ, and I'm assuming "running + judo" is running AM/Judo PM. If you start feeling a little run down, try doing S&S (AM) + Judo (PM) and then do an easy run only the next day.

I'm assuming "running + judo" is running AM/Judo PM. If you start feeling a little run down, try doing S&S (AM) + Judo (PM) and then do an easy run only the next day.
Yes those were my thoughts so far. Both on the same day is a good idea, too. Thank you!

We do a lot of bjj too, one of our coaches is a purple belt next to being a black belt in Judo. Generally we practice one throw for about 45 min and then do 45 min of rollin.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom