all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Second Edition - Revised and Updated

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Because as a consumer (and a longtime supporter and consumer of all things Pavel and Strong First) I would like to know what I'm buying and if it's worth purchasing. If all that's changed is the addition of a few pictures and quotes then I'll pass. If it's new insight and such then I'll buy.
@HUNTER1313, I recommend you wait to read some reviews of the book before you purchase it. I hope those will contain the kind of information you're looking for.

I was lucky and tested plan 996, which is a wavy Simple&Sinister „peaking plan“. I hope they include that.
@Roland Roppelt, good to hear. Thank you.

@Bunn, @HUNTER1313 is entitled to his opinion. I didn't read that he felt owed by the leadership, just that he wanted to know. I ask both of you to discontinue this right where it is - nothing further needs be said on this subject. If you want to talk about it more, PM me.

Thanks, everyone.

-S-

I was lucky and tested plan 996, which is a wavy Simple&Sinister „peaking plan“. I hope they include that.

Sounds interesting. I am doing a wavy daily pushup program from Aleks Salkin, a SFG2 guy, and really like it. When you feel a bit ground down, there is an easy day around the corner. It helps you to stick to the program as well as helps gains. Then, the hard days help you build confidence for work capacity you didn't know was within reach at least from an intermediate perspective.

Its interesting to see what has been added. My guess is there is more material on how to proceed after Simple...

So I’m confused as to whether or not the paperback is shipping. This post is 8 days old and I figured somebody would’ve had one in their possession by now if it was and filled us in on what’s new. Anybody have one yet?

Last edited:
I just looked and Amazon says “usually ships in one to two months”.

Obviously not ready for prime time, as eluded to by the lack of a formal announcement from StrongFirst.

@Hasbro It was similar with Q&D. It showed up on Amazon before the formal announcement. Then it shipped out like a week or more after the release date.

Presumably this is so the first orders can finance the first batch run of the book, and so it can rise the ranks on Amazon (?). It does say September 30 there...

I’m wait for Kindle. I ordered Q&D right away and cancelled the paper copy after the Kindle version came out before the paper version had even shipped.

I just looked and Amazon says “usually ships in one to two months”.

Obviously not ready for prime time, as eluded to by the lack of a formal announcement from StrongFirst.

Ah ok I didn’t notice the “1-2 months” shipping when I checked the link. Seems strange they would list it being that far out. Regardless I’ll be getting a copy and looking forward to what’s new. I’m sure it’ll be worth it.

@Sean M, I have not seen or heard anything to suggest that such a strategy ...

Presumably this is so the first orders can finance the first batch run of the book, and so it can rise the ranks on Amazon (?).

... exists here at StrongFirst regarding the release of the book. Amazon works in strange ways, ways that I don't understand, but to the best of my knowledge, we simply let them know when the book is ready. They decide what to post on their web site, not us.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. As I mentioned earlier, when we know it's actually available, we'll make our own announcement.

-S-

Was just about to order Q&D (and someday will), but now waiting for S&S 2.0 instead. Fits my situation better.

@Sean M, I have not seen or heard anything to suggest that such a strategy ...

... exists here at StrongFirst regarding the release of the book. Amazon works in strange ways, ways that I don't understand, but to the best of my knowledge, we simply let them know when the book is ready. They decide what to post on their web site, not us.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. As I mentioned earlier, when we know it's actually available, we'll make our own announcement.

-S-

I’m more than happy to be patient; BUT one question, please...

I looked at the paperback and, sure enough, Amazon says “2-3 months”.

It also says “why wait? Try the Kindle edition”. I scrolled thru the preview, but I don’t see any mention of an update or new edition. I already have the first on kindle, and am not feeling brave enough to test the refund waters at Amazon.

I assume this is still the first edition, and I have no choice but to remain patient. Correct?

Last edited:
@simon0596, your understanding is correct to the best of my knowledge.

As I mentioned in different thread on this subject, we're doing _everything_ we can to make the new edition available in all formats on amazon.com as soon as possible. As discussed in this and other threads - if someone wants to post a link to those other threads here, please do - we at StrongFirst also have no choice but to remain patient.

When we know that everything 2.0 is available on the amazon.com page, we will announce it and in the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom