all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Second Edition - Revised and Updated

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Im hoping there are suggestions on working this in with q&d, and perhaps a second program option like q&d has

My wild thought was to add a revised ROP. Simple and Sinister 1st edition went so far beyond “Enter the Kettlebell” for the program minimum, but it stopped there. It would be great to see updates to the press and snatch programs based on all he has learned in the 13 years since that book came out.

My wild thought was to add a revised ROP. Simple and Sinister 1st edition went so far beyond “Enter the Kettlebell” for the program minimum, but it stopped there. It would be great to see updates to the press and snatch programs based on all he has learned in the 13 years since that book came out.

This may be true regarding the Program Minimum, but he has also said that ladders and ROP have withstood the test of time, already perfected, and no need to be revised.

but he has also said that ladders and ROP have withstood the test of time

Do you know if he has also said this about the snatch protocol in ROP? I am curious if he would do that differently now based on how much Strong Endurance has advanced the field

I’m thinking about doing ROP presses 3 days a week and on variety days do swings Q&D style. What do you think?

Do you know if he has also said this about the snatch protocol in ROP? I am curious if he would do that differently now based on how much Strong Endurance has advanced the field
All I know about the snatches in ROP, per ETK, is that they are done on light press days, 50-60% max and with whatever weight you choose.

I’m thinking about doing ROP presses 3 days a week and on variety days do swings Q&D style. What do you think?

I literally had the exact same idea when looking at the ETK program today. Pavel is clear that twice a week Q&D is enough to keep making progress, so this could be ideal, but I might still put some actual variety moves in there too.

But having said all of that I am waiting for the next edition of S&S before changing anything around.

Last edited:
All I know about the snatches in ROP, per ETK, is that they are done on light press days, 50-60% max and with whatever weight you choose.

Thanks. I had forgotten that it was hard swings not snatches on the medium and hard days. And the time for all three sessions is 2-12 minutes determined by a dice roll.

I know that the pressing ladders got a lot of people to half body weight presses, but I don’t know if this ballistic pull scheme was as successful in getting people to the Secret Service snatch test level, which is the other half of ROP. In any any event I would love to see an update to that part of the program.

I, for one, am excited about the second edition. The first edition allowed me to reach the simple goal in 10 weeks and I’m not even going imagine what’s in store next.

What is the new info? I'm still on the fence about ordering the new addition as I'll have to order it out of America (I'm in Canada), and I have the kindle, paperback, and audio version of the original s&s

I was afraid of this eagerness. All I wanted to do was to let everyone know that it actually shipped. It probably helped that I live in the Seattle area which is Amazon's back yard. And, yes, I was originally told that it might arrive as late as mid November.

There seems to be quite a few small revisions. Major changes are progressions for swings (that include 2 armed as well as one armed) and progressions for TGU. New photos or quotes from Anna C., Pavel M., et al.

In my opinion, well worth purchasing if you are an S & S fan. I intend to follow it after I finish current round of Q & D.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom