all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S: Unexpected results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MikeBelanger

Level 1 Valued Member
I've been doing S&S for about 4 months. Doing as the book outlined to a T, 5x/week.

While it hasn't really increased my mass, it has produced some very useful side-effects:

-My shoulders have increased their flexibility and strength. Case and point: I can do a front squat, and a full snatch with much better form, and no shoulder pain. My shoulders used to be in major pain whenever I tried these lifts before. Not anymore.

-My lower back has incredible endurance. I used to get such incredible lower back pain whenever I did a barbell military press. Not so much anymore. Now, I can press it straight up for longer reps, with less back pain.

-My chin-ups even went up by a rep. Without actually practicing them. And yeah, I tested the chin-ups in multiple times to make sure there wasn't a fluke. My pull-ups went up too.

All in all, I recommend this program to anyone who wants increased strength and flexibility. If you've already tried barbell routines, S&S can be a nice detour that can improve your mobility, without doing endless amounts of yoga, massages, and other more resource-intensive activities. I know I've tried them, but I still find S&S to be the best bang for your buck.

If you haven't done any weight training, and aren't even sure if it's 'for you', give this a try. A 52lb kettlebell is cheaper than a gym pass, and swings and getups aren't nearly as complicated as the Olympic weightlifting or back-squats.

Two thumbs up!

Great to hear, Mike!

Please do me a favor and review S&S on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kettlebell-Simple-Sinister-Pavel-Tsatsouline-ebook/dp/B00GF2HP9G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom