all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S with Original Strength Resets

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
For me personally, I do the resets on my rest days. I just do 10 minutes of crawling, and find that my shoulders, back and hips feel great. Crawling is also challenging, in a different way, so I appreciate the stimulation. I use it as a way to stay loose.

Yes, crawling really is something else... I have done baby crawling now twice for ten minutes straight. It feels good, but I feel like stopping after five minutes, but then again I have no problem finishing the ten minutes either. Next I will start to experiment crawling backwards and then leopard crawl.

Im noticing improvments in my diaphragmatic breathing. And my belly has started to make growling noise every now and then when I breath in to the belly. Guess this is normal and a sign that Im doing good... ? (Diaphragm pushing down)

Rocking seems to really help my back when it feels tight.

Resets really seem to be crazy enough to work.

Are you still doing the OS program with ten minutes of crawling then carries? Which carries do you do most / like most? I like to mix the carries up personally

Are you still doing the OS program with ten minutes of crawling then carries? Which carries do you do most / like most? I like to mix the carries up personally

For three weeks I have been doing resets every day and then I have experimented other ”OS stuff” from youtube. My daily resets have involved marching or cross crawling while standing, since baby crawling is less convenient at work. I have done crawling & carry workout only twice during three weeks and I used front carry (goblet squat grip of the kettlebell), so Im not really doing the program, its more of a variety day. Might try farmer carries next time... I also made a backpack for (light) rucking.

Still doing swings, goblet squats and get ups and I think I will keep on doing them maybe for the rest of my life but Im really enjoying adding lots of other not very taxing MOVEMENT in the mix at the moment. Oh, and then I ordered these 100,150 and 200lbs grippers. Might do gtg at work with them.

I enjoyed doing resets (and eventually the GFE when I got certified in GFM) but I found that I was using them to kill time and avoid getting into my main practice. Kind of like foam rolling for an hour at the gym and calling it a day. Now I'll do the GFE on off-days or at a separate time of the day from lifting. Just my 2 cents. Works better for me if I start moving weight right away, like the S&S warm up or an empty barbell, etc.

I enjoyed doing resets (and eventually the GFE when I got certified in GFM) but I found that I was using them to kill time and avoid getting into my main practice. Kind of like foam rolling for an hour at the gym and calling it a day. Now I'll do the GFE on off-days or at a separate time of the day from lifting. Just my 2 cents. Works better for me if I start moving weight right away, like the S&S warm up or an empty barbell, etc.

I see. I dont actually spend too much time doing resets as a warm up. I do them every morning, during the day as a 30sec-2min movement snacks and then again in the evening. My goal is to ”be always ready”. Tim Andersen and Pavel actually also has written about this. I think its mentioned in at least ETK... ? But yes, I see your point. Resets shouldnt eat the training time but be something that is very easy and beneficial to add into your life/training.

Don't forget the Reset of Resets: walking. Sometimes we get so involved into doing neat stuff, that we forget the thing we were made to do: walk.

Don't forget the Reset of Resets: walking. Sometimes we get so involved into doing neat stuff, that we forget the thing we were made to do: walk.

Thats correct. I have really started to pay attention on my walking for sure. I intend to start rucking 1-2 times a week after summer. If I have understood correctly, the power of crawling though is that its always intentional so it teaches the gait pattern and ties the X together. Its hard to crawl the wrong way but easy to walk without moving the arms properly. I think I read somewhere that if T. Anderson had to choose one exercise/reset, it would be loaded walking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom