all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Sad story with useful morale

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Alexander Halford

Level 8 Valued Member
I think I need to share this.

This morning I went out to walk my dog, and found my neighbour on the ground having a heart attack. By the time I called 911 and started the CPR, he already stopped breathing. I tried and kept his heart "beating" and airway opened until the ambulance arrived, hoping maybe he will make it.
The guy didn't make it. I could already see it, but it was confirmed later.
I didn't look at the watch, but those who were around told I was doing the chest pumps somewhat from 15 to 20 minutes non-stop, just switching up and down hands. Would I be able to do it without proper physical preparation? I don't think so.
What I want to tell - the people here, we practice the right thing. Though it is a very sad story, the ability that iron sport gives you is amazing. It was a bad timing today, but I was able to react and give what I have. This is the true practical meaning of being prepared.
I'm still with a heavy heart, but people kept approaching me and said that I did well and gave what I could. I hope they're right.
So, just to say - keep doing what you're doing, this is the way.

Alexander, I'm sorry you had the sad experience. Without your effort he had no chance, so what you did gave your neighbor a chance. We should always try and you did, but please don't fault yourself for the outcome.

So sorry you had to be a part of this, but you did the right thing without question.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom