all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Sand bag training

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JeffC

Level 7 Valued Member
I bought some surplus navy sea bags and coarse sand for sandbag training. I am very interested in stone lifting, but I do not have access to them. I play with plate load lifting with bumper plates and loading pins I have made.

How could I incorporate sand bag lifting with kettlebells? Anyone with experience or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

I my opinion, it depends on what you want to do with your bell and your bag. You can either do grinds with the bell or with the bag.

I sometimes use a bag. I have more or less the same feeling after my training.

But, globally, I use the bag for the balistics (halo, swing, clean / clean & jerk, jump squat).

Kind regards,

Pet'

Not sure about actual lifting with sandbags, however one of the best uses I got out of them was to load up a heavy bag, and walk a distance with it... you can pick it up any way you want (bear hug, handles, shoulder it, whatever), set it down as many times as you want, just carry the damn thing for a few hundred meters and increase the distance...
Make it heavy enough to be a challenge to pick it up

probably not what you are looking for, but one of the best finishers I have ever done, it makes you tense every single muscle in your body! That reminds me to dust off the heavy bag again sometimes...

Hey,

A nice finisher with a heavy sandbag is
1 bear hug - 1 burpee
2 bear hugs - 2 burpees
until 10

Kind regards

Pet'

I bought one on capitalist but I don't use it that much. I prefer kbs. If I do use it, it's usually for carries (works great)

I have a sand bag made to around 100kg, I used an old bathroom scale. It's probably not that accurate.

Was thinking of loading over a bar in my power rack after
ROP KB C&P, and lose the swings or snatches for a while. Start with 3 sets of 1, and add a rep each practice until I get to 5 sets of 3. Then add 10% and start over. Loading is a ballistic movement because once you lap the weight, you explode up with triple extension and push the load away with the upper body.

Then on bent press day finish with carries. Zercher, shouldered, or bear hug. Bent press day is usually finished with PTTP deadlifts, will probably deload on those for a while.

I also do an old school barbell 5 x5 twice a week of squat, bench and pendelay row. Always TGU, GSQT, and swings as part of warmup. Maybe make a lighter sand bag and practice clean and press.

I handle a ton of volume and intensity well. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom