all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Sandbag training program.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Diesel Crew – Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength » DieselCrew.com » Sandbag Circuits For Combat Athletes

Diesel Crew – Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength » How to Odd Object Training

I found these articles good when I started heavy sandbag and odd object lifting.

I have navy sea bags ($18usd) filled with pea gravel or wood pellets. I have a 70kg wood pellet I use for circuits. Also, a 110kg pea gravel I use to simulate a stone. It's pretty tight and round. I use it for loading, shouldering, and various carries.

I also use a keg, some concrete blocks, and bumper plate loads on pins I have made from threaded 1.5" pipe. I love odd object lifting, it's a great compliment to my KB and BB training. It has brought my strength and power to another level.

Last edited:
I have an ader extreme power bag. Right now I have 3 filler bags in it and it weighs 128 lbs, 58kg. I was thinking of filling the fillers with gravel instead. Is that a wise idea? Could I make it heavier by doing so?

Washed Pea gravel is slightly heavier, and far less messy. A 25kg bag is about $6 at Home Depot.

The Ader sandbag is expensive. I was going to get the large Ironmind sandbags, but the Canadian dollar was very low at the time. I bought 4 heavy canvas surplus navy sea bags for the price of one Ironmind. They are a great economical option.

Last edited:
I got a large bag, small bag, 4 large filler bags and 2 small filler bags for $100 on craigslist. Couldn't pass it up. Going to home depot today.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom