all posts post new thread

Nutrition Saturday Cheat Day - Your Menu?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
So far today:

3/4 lb. Goat Cheese and Mushroom Strudel (from Whole Foods) for breakfast

Gruyere and Chive Mac & Cheese, with Black Forest Ham added (also WF) for lunch #1

My wife is having almond croissant and cheese danishes.

-S-

Chocolate, bread, oats. "Cheating" rather means eating more than usual, not binging on fast food or sweets. I had more cheat days recently to gain weight. From tomorrow on I will cut back, because I do not want/need to gain more.
I never eat fast food.

So far five steak tacos however, the day is young.

Half a box of cracked black pepper crackers and a bunch of cheese.

Crockpot full of pork loin and veggies to get on track tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Didn't eat anything until 6pm. This cuz I ate an enormous meal last night with too much wine. Four servings of fish - wild trout, various salad goodies, tapenade, olives, artichokes, mushroom risotto, chicken and chorizo stew, potatoes, green beans, cheese cake and fruit. My friend is a chef, it would be rude not to!

To continue my cheat day:

I had a fancy coffee drink with whipped cream at Starbucks after we saw a show a friend was playing in midtown Manhattan. Then I had a Philly cheesesteak from a food truck and ate it while driving home, then a hot dog from IKEA, then lots of frozen candy stuff from IKEA.

Tim says to eat almost enough to make yourself sick so that's what I did.

-S-

@Steve Freides , thanks. Had a quick ogle. Pretty much how
I eat with the exception that I eat potato, fruit, have varied meals and pig out most days! I don't eat for fat loss, mind.

Cheat = kid cereal, donuts, and ice cream in my world. I suppose I could also describe it with "what would someone use to bait a bear?"

I try to go about 85% healthy with diet - I prefer that to waiting for occasional binge days. That translates to a cheat item or so a day during the week, then a few per day on weekends.

This past weekend - pumpkin pie with ice cream, waffle fries, chocolate macaroon

love the Tim ferriss podcasts, but I don't support the eating until almost sick regimen.

Check out Clarence bass website for general dietary insights - I don't follow as closely as he does (He out abs me even in his senior yrs), but he offers good basic outlines (which I modify a little to match my tastes and cheat items). I prefer this approach after going through both elimination and paleo trials

Tuesday "cheat": dried figs, mangos and oats with a hand full of almonds and tahini. Call it a cheat or in need for carbs and fat ;)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom