all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Saving routines.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Iffat Khan

First Post
Hii,

I'm a workout enthusiast. I've worked out for as long as I can remember but I've never saved my routine. Sometimes when I'm in my best shape I want to remember want routine I had but I can't seem to.
I'm currently writing my routine using Document Writer with all the tables and stuff. Adding images of my meals.

I'm looking for more apps to help me. I don't have any issue with it, just looking for more suggestions.
Plus I'm a iPhone user so only iPhone apps.

Thanks!

@Iffat Khan, we have two sections of our forum devoted to training logs. People not only use them to record their training, they serve as open areas in which other forum members can view, comment, and ask questions. I encourage you to look around, read other people's logs, and start your own.

-S-

I've been using an analogue tablet (i.e. moleskin journal) to record my training (and a few other day-to-day details) for close to a decade now. My note are fairly efficient, so one notebook lasts close to a year. This means my "library" of training records stays pretty small.

A few years ago I started keeping a training log here on SF as well. The main benefit is that I can use "ctrl+F" to find things that would otherwise take a long time of thumbing through my journals. The SF log is also just training, and nothing else, so I can get a pretty good idea of my training practices with a quick look through it. My paper journal is a little more detailed, so sometimes I'll use my digital log to figure out what dates I want to look at, and then look those dates up in my journal to check out extra details.

The key for me is keeping it simple and easy to do. If I'm crunched time or don't have access to the internet, I don't worry to much about keeping up my SF log, but I can always jot things down in my journal.

The main benefit is that I can use "ctrl+F" to find things that would otherwise take a long time of thumbing through my journals.

Or the forum search feature -- you can specify "in this thread" and/or posted by yourself, and and search for any word or phrase.

I use Google sheets. most of the relevant information in a training log is mathematical : loads, volume, tonnage, average sessions, etc. So I rather have it in a format where I can do math easily.

For all the non mathematical info, I keep a column for remarks at the right hand of the table.

Well brain can do things like that. Our brain don't like to use energy, so our brain makes everything that we do on auto. So I think not useful info, brain just forget. So I was having also problem like that, so I just download in GooglePlay organizator. So it was much simpler for me

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom