all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Scosche Rhythm Heart Rate Monitor

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mprevost

Level 7 Valued Member
I have been using this one for a couple of years now. I like it because I can wear it on my wrist or ankle. I hate the old standard chest strap. The only drawback is that you can't get heart rate variability with it but if you are just looking for heart rate, I have found it quite good. Also, there is no display on it, it is just a transmitter like a chest strap. It is dual bluetooth and ANT+ so you can use it with anything including your phone. Because I can wear in on the ankle and wrist it is the only heart rate monitor that I found usable for high rep kettlebell swing workouts and other vigorous weight room work. Best review is available here: Scosche RHYTHM+ Dual ANT+/Bluetooth Smart Optical HR Band In-Depth Review
IMG_2626_thumb.jpg

I have one, and it is excellent, as good as a chest strap. although as stated it won't give HRV data (it transmits data to conform to ant+ standards but the makers say it is purely random)

There is one big caveat to accuracy: DO NOT wear it on a wrist! Wrist positioning is why most optical monitors are rubbish. The rhythm+ is specifically designed to be worn on the forearm or upper arm, where it works very well!

One point to remember, due to being placed further away than a chest strap (and looking at pulsing blood), it will always lag slightly behind a chest monitor, as all oHRMs do

As usual, the DCR review (in the link) is spot on and very detailed (he's the endurance world tech guru)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom