all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Searching for Geoff Neupert´s "Kettlebell Muscle"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brookes

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi,

I´m trying to find a copy of Geoff Neuperts "Kettlebell Muscle" (physical or digital). Maybe someone likes to sell me his or know where to find it? I tried the usual used bookstores and also Ebay.

I already asked DD if there are any left or if there are plans to republish it, but clearly a no to both questions.
Geoff can´t do anything for me in this regards, since he doesn´t own the rights.
It´s a shame, that one of the elementary programs of kettlebell works seems to be damned to be history...

I´d like to do the program at least once, but nobody in my circle of aquaintances own´s a exemplar. :(

Maybe someone can help me with this. Feel free to send me a PM, if you have a clue where to obtain it.

Many, many thanks in advance! (y)

I too have been on the look out for quite some time. DD, Amazon, EBay, Google search, etc. No Luck. Geoff please help us !!!!

I too have been on the look out for quite some time. , Amazon, EBay, Google search, etc. No Luck. Geoff please help us !!!!

I spoke with Geoff yesterday. He said they stopped publishing it and they were going to sell the remaining copies on Amazon. If it's not on Amazon he said we're out of luck. Of course maybe second hand or the library might provide copies.

I have it, along with the DVDs and a bunch of extra “Inner Circle” books and bonuses. All are in near mint condition. PM me.

What is the difference between Kettlebell Muscle and Kettlebell Strong programs?

The Kettlebell Strong package focuses on double kettlebell technique, with some programming included. The programming has a few variations based around the clean and press (the "Strong" program), and a separate "conditioning" program (the "One" program) based on the the double swing. The conditioning program can be done completely separately or along with the "Strong" C&P program.

The technique instruction is excellent and very detailed, and the "Strong" program is very well-designed. The "One" program is (IMO) not great. Lots of people have posted about great results working through the "Strong" program, but I've seen very little discussion of the "One," other than people finding the progression strictly as written to be a little unrealistic.

Kettlebell Muscle is a hypertrophy-focused program using complexes. The book has some technique descriptions and explanations of complexes and chains and how they are used in the KBM program, but the actual 12 week program is the main event.

IMO, Kettlebell Muscle is a uniquely designed program that stands apart from most of Geoff's other programs (not necessarily in being better, but in structure). The way the complexes are designed (in exercise selection and sequence, H/L/M structure, progression in rest periods, etc.) is both diabolical and very smart (it's a smoker, but not JUST a smoker). I especially like how the work sets are untimed, but the rest periods are specified.

Not asking anyone to reveal copyrighted info, but is the 12-week program a materially different program from this one: The 12-Week Muscle-Building Kettlebell Master-Plan

I don't know the details of the book's programming, but feels like this program (which is much more recent) is intended to meet the same types of goals over the same time period.

Not asking anyone to reveal copyrighted info, but is the 12-week program a materially different program from this one: The 12-Week Muscle-Building Kettlebell Master-Plan

Very different.

I don't know the details of the book's programming, but feels like this program (which is much more recent) is intended to meet the same types of goals over the same time period.

Maybe similar goals, but very different routes to get there.

The program you linked to has a lot of "as many reps as possible in a given time frame" type work. Personally, I hate programs with that structure. It might work, but I would never do it that way. KBM is hard as hell, but it's a flavor of hard as hell I actually enjoy.

Thanks guys, for your input. I also prefer a more structured program (v. the as many reps in a time period) - would be interesting to see it, but seems like actually finding a copy is almost as much a challenge as the program itself!

What is the difference between Kettlebell Muscle and Kettlebell Strong programs?

To borrow terms from Dan John, "Muscle" is a bus bench program. I've never talked to anyone who completed the 12 week program and was eager to do it again. It's tough.

In contrast, I have done some variation of "Strong" programming for a couple of years now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom