all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Second Wind and IPF

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marc Andresen

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi, all.

Here's a question regarding Second Wind, and IPF populations. Does anyone know if the methods presented in Second Wind have benefits or risks in cases of IPF? I ask, because a family member has been diagnosed with it. He's a non-athletic guy, and has been OK'd by his doctor to exercise. I've spoken to the doc about breathing exercises and maintaining lung elasticity. She is in full agreement.

In particular, he's really apical in his breathing, and from what was taught at SW, that's highly fatiguing and inefficient. Beside that is the mantra, "When in doubt, breathe out", so we do straw breathing. (I've told him that, even though his capacity is lowered, we can make that capacity as efficient as possible. ) Am I in the ballpark with the above?

(Side note - The Second Wind Sub-forum gives a notification that I'm not eligible to post there. Attended August 7, 2020 online.)

Side note - The Second Wind Sub-forum gives a notification that I'm not eligible to post there. Attended August 7, 2020 online.)
We stopped adding people automatically because we decided we only wanted those attendees who were interested.

Will add you now.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom