all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Seeking Pull Up Bar Recommendations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ashleysonn

Level 5 Valued Member
I’d like to install a wall-mounted pull up bar in my garage, but am a little lost amongst the options on Rogue and Amazon. Different finishes and options. If you have a bar you recommend or mounting advice as it appears at least Rogues bars don’t include the hardware, I appreciate it.

Size wise, best to not stick out from the wall more than about 2’, 3’ tops.
I would like to buy heavy duty in terms of the higher weight holds to work towards pulls with kb on waist etc.

Thank you in advance!

I have the Rogue Jammer, but I can really only recommend it if you're installing it above a doorway.

Otherwise, it doesn't have enough clearance from the wall to a proper tuck with chin ups. Pull ups aren't as bad.

Here's a link - as you can see, they have a lot of options:

I have their "rafter side mount pullup bar" - costs $55, was $50 when I bought it a while back. Rock solid - I have rings hanging from it, and IronMind's Rolling Thunder handles hanging from it, and it does everything I've asked it to do.

-S-

I went with the amazon option. Here is the link: Amazon product ASIN B00HF8U37U. I have rings attached that my kids love swinging on. I really like rouge, but for a pull up bar there is no need to spend on the rouge if you don't care about what name is on it.

I purchased this back in 2015 and attached it to my garage ceiling. I don't think any screws or washers are included with this bar. If you have a big box home store near you pick up some 1 1/2" lag screws and washers. Make sure to screw it into wood studs. Here is a link: Everbilt 3/8 in. x 3 in. Hex Zinc Plated Lag Screw (25-Pack) 801560 - The Home Depot. For concrete you tapcon brand screws that look similar to the lag screws.

I’d like to install a wall-mounted pull up bar in my garage, but am a little lost amongst the options on Rogue and Amazon. Different finishes and options. If you have a bar you recommend or mounting advice as it appears at least Rogues bars don’t include the hardware, I appreciate it.

Size wise, best to not stick out from the wall more than about 2’, 3’ tops.
I would like to buy heavy duty in terms of the higher weight holds to work towards pulls with kb on waist etc.

Thank you in advance!
Do you have exposed rafters in your garage ceiling? I suspended my thick bar with heavy alloy chains wrapped around the ceiling joist at the bottom of the rafters. Did the same thing with my rings, only there I used the provided nylon straps. The thick bar is the best chinning bar I've owned after having fixed bars for 50+ years. I bought heavy galvanized pipe and pipe clamps to hold it. Luckily about 10-15 years ago, I worked for American Chain, so we could buy it cheaply. It's still not super expensive, and the setup is easy to move, or adjust to different heights, or try a different diameter bar.

@KyleAlberda, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

From looking at that link, I must say that my $50 pullup bar (from the link I gave above) seems perfect fine and costs a lot less.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom