all posts post new thread

Service member's journey from sedentary to S&S: Training Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

adam79

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello, StrongFirst community.

I am a 38 y/o active duty male service member with a large family who has a necessity and desire to be in peak physical condition. Currently I am 5' 10" and 210 lbs with a waistline is near failure on the military tape test (39"waist with a 16.5" neck).

I aim to follow the S&S plan with additional cardio (running) to aid in weight loss. Currently I am working primarily with a 50lb kettlebell (5:30 for 100 swings).

I have had experience with cross-fit but due to my changing schedule, i did not stick with it for more than 3 months at a time.

Training Log: morning
Traditional warmup- Halos (25 lbs), squats, hip extensions (3 rounds)

Testing Day (I thought it would be a good idea to see where I was at)
100x OH KBS 5:30 ( did good on my time but also pulled a muscle in my back.)
0x TGU (pulled muscle in back)

Run: evening
2.95 miles
30:02 mins
10:11 pace

Welcome @adam79. I'm active duty Navy and deal with the same thing. There is a ton of really great people here that can provide some really great advice and insight

Training Log: morning
Traditional warmup- Halos (25 lbs), squats, hip extensions (3 rounds)

10 KBS EMOM x 10 min (50lb); every other min 10x pushups
10x TGU EMOM (50,40,40,40,40)

We just closed on a house near Fort Drum. We are PCS'ing in two months.

I would love some input on diet / supplements. Should I look into any type of supplementation or keep it as natural as possible? I would like to drop some weight while building up muscular endurance capabilities. Right now I am eating very paleo mostly meat and vegetables. My breakfast usually consists of three eggs in some variety and fruit. Lunch is usually a large piece of meat or chicken breast with vegatbles. My dinner meal is usually with family but I do try to keep it clean. I'm not currently taking any supplements.

Training Log: Morning

Traditional warm-up- Halos (35 lbs), squats(35lbs), hip extensions (3 rounds)

10 KBS EMOM x 10 min (50 lbs); Even minutes add 5x bent over row (35 lbs)each arm
10x TGU EMOM (50,50,40,40,40)

Weight: 210.4

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom