all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed SF-approved power clean instruction

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Phil12

Level 8 Valued Member
Just curious whether there is any resource folks would recommend for learning power cleans. I have Everything's Over My Head but I don't recall that it had anything about power cleans.

My recommendation would be hands-on coaching. It's not a lift we teach at StrongFirst.

A number of our instructors are or have been Olympic lifting competitors, teachers, or both. I'm aware of at least three members of our leadership who fit the above description. If you want to tell us where you're located, we can see about finding you someone to work with.

-S-

Here ya go. A nice progression on the power clean (among other things):

http://startingstrength.com/site/videos

Bill - thanks. I didn't realize all that stuff was online! Those are some very well produced videos. Watching him correct a few athletes at once makes things go a lot faster than the videos I've watched to date.

Steve - I'm in Houston.

Phil,

I'm in Houston on a random basis if you're looking for in-person coaching. Next weekend is my next planned visit.

Andy Baker, Starting Strength Coach and co-author of "Practical Programming for Strength Training" is in Kingwood. Neat little black iron gym. I did Rip's seminar in Andy's gym. He's a helluva nice guy. bakerstrengthcoaching dot com.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom