all posts post new thread

Old Forum SF influenced T-nation article

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Ah the joys of the internets....where anyone can write whatever they want and have millions of people read it.

The fact of the matter is, there are a ton more people like the author of that article that don't "give credit where credit is due" but who cares? It's up to the reader to discern if what he is reading is accurate or not. The author is only a messenger.

That's my take on this matter. Have a good weekend everyone

@HerrMannelig, you can add Saxon's side bends. Hack lifts, after Hackenschmidt. Jefferson lifts. Pendlay rows. Steinborn lift or squat. To name a few...

The title of the article just draws attention for his intended public, T-Nation readers. As long as it builds muscle to most of them, they're fine.

When someone is serious about kettlebell training, they will find the right sources. At least there's a beginning to some appreciation of the kettlebell in public.

It's more like if they knew Jim Wendler uses or did use KB swings. Everyone would suddenly start to swing, because he's a strong, muscular guy.

off course, when you've read articles on T-Nation written bij Dan John, Bret Contreras, etc. you've already noticed the functionality and use of KB's

Ye plenty of people who never have put anytime in with one Kettlebell will likley go out now and get two and get themselves injured.

Ye of course its your responsibility. But Pavel also makes it clear that you dont jump into double drills untill youve put a good year in with singles bells. Ive been using kbs 8 months and I still consider myself a novice. No where near ready for double drills, can barely use one, lol.

Some body reads that article goes and buys themselves a couple of 24s and then trys to train themself up. The results wont be pretty. Granted responsibility falls on yourself, but I think a knowing expert should be careful what they put out there.

Atilla, Saxon, Hackenschmidt, Jefferson (thomas I'm assuming), Pendlay, and Steinborn all have lifts that bear their name.  But, those all come from the glorious days old. 

So, I will re-phrase: " I don't personally know anyone in my lifetime that has developed a unique lift to call their own."

Regarding programming - Pavel covers programming in the Level 1 cert, th BW cert, and I'm assuming the level 2 and barbell certs.  The art of programming is alot like being attractive -either you've got it or you don't.  And those that don't seem to spend alot of time and money trying to get it.  It is -however- different in the fact that if you write several thousand programs you kind of figure out what you are doing and how to program just about any exercise from YouTube into your programs - regardless of what the author does or does not recommend.  No matter how long you look in a mirror, chances are the reflection won't improve over time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom