all posts post new thread

Bodyweight SFB Cert. questions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

somanaut

Level 5 Valued Member
@Karen Smith
Hey SFB and Karen in particular, I have a few questions about the SFB Cert. and observations about general bodyweight training.

Prelude: I have been doing S&S since end of summer 2015, and I was close to the simple goal. Form could of course always improve, but I could handle the 32kg in both one arm swings and TGU. However life changes, as it is prone to do, and now GTG with bodyweight (Naked Warrior skills) seems to be more prudent. And it got me thinking about wether I should aim for the SFB cert. in Italy on dec. 10-11 2016. Wether or not I can save up the money is another question, but it it will be my primary training goal this year.

SFB cert. questions:
1) I don't speak italian, will the seminar be conducted in english?
2) Is the testing still "only" one-arm-one-leg-pushup one side tested?
3) Do I need to have knowledge in the other mentioned skills taught, ex. pull-ups and frontlever?

My current training schedule is:
Monday: GTG pistols and OAPU
Tuesday: GTG pistols and OAPU
Wednesday: S&S for power and strength with the 32kg, not timed.
Thursday: GTG pistols and OAPU
Friday: GTG pistols and OAPU
Saturday: S&S for power and strength with the 32kg, not timed.
Sunday: S&S for power and strength with the 32kg, not timed.

Does this sound reasonable?

I work as a massage therapist not a coach/trainer. So I don't really have any teaching skills. But I am looking to some time i the future expand into helping clients more proactively. Hence one of the reasons I want to take the cert. in order to get started in such an endeavour. Even with no experience would you recommend taking the cert.?

Best Regards
Jesper

In both Italian and English, no worries about needing to speak Italian.

-S-

1. Did my SFB in Seoul was taught in English and had a Korean interpeter. Italy is the same. If its Master Fabio teaching, his English is superb.

2. One arm one leg pushup is tested on one side

3. Not necessary but it will help

Taking the cert is a big step in the right direction

All good, no worries.

As for training, take 1-2 days a week off, and don't forget to do the S&S stretches - very important for intensive unilateral work.

SFB Cert is highly recommended, Fabio is a great man and excellent teacher.

Thanks all for the replies.
I think it's Karen that is currently listed as master instructor.
@Mark Limbaga: 3# as in it will help with the cert. (of course overall experience with strength and in particular bodyweight will help) or just with a better appreciation/experience of the things taught?
Yes I was thinking, that it would be a good first step in expanding from manual therapy to actually helping people help themselves.
@Pavel Macek: Will factor in a rest day:)

@Pavel Macek: Yes I know, which is part of the reason I have my heart set on Venice:) Read her article, liked her on FB and subscribing to her youtube channel...soaking all the info I can:)

Thanks all for the replies.
I think it's Karen that is currently listed as master instructor.
@Mark Limbaga: 3# as in it will help with the cert. (of course overall experience with strength and in particular bodyweight will help) or just with a better appreciation/experience of the things taught?
Yes I was thinking, that it would be a good first step in expanding from manual therapy to actually helping people help themselves.
@Pavel Macek: Will factor in a rest day:)

If you can do the tactical pullup, pistol, hanging leg raise, it will help you but they're not tested and you will be taught regressions and progressions for each movement.. hope that helps

If you can do the tactical pullup, pistol, hanging leg raise, it will help you but they're not tested and you will be taught regressions and progressions for each movement.. hope that helps

It does thanks. Just tested the tactical pullup (dead gang start then neck to bar) and hanging leg raise, and both were still ok, even though I haven't tested/trained either in over a year and before that only intermittently. I do pistols together with OAPU GTG, so those are fine, with the usual caveat of form could always improve.

Are Super Joints and Relax Into Stretch part of the curriculum taught at the SFB cert?

@somanaut

SJ - usually as warmup/move pre. RIS - not the complete program, but selected stretches for specific bodyweight skills (pistol, hanging leg raise), are well as stretches to counter the hollow position and heavy unilateral work (QL stretches).

If one has wrist issues, and palm OA(OL)PU sometimes doesn't feel good, is it ok to do it on the knuckles, fist to ground at the cert.?
Best Regards
Jesper

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom