all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Sfg 1 and 2 certification work possibilities

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Richm24

Level 2 Valued Member
I’m currently a NASM certified personal trainer, and have a coaching job at an F45. However, I would like to find a job that’s still in the realm of functional fitness, but that’s is a lot less commercial than a gym like F45. What kind of jobs can you except to get if you become SFG certified? Can anyone tell me their experience with becoming certified and looking for work, I’d appreciate it.

Welcome to the SF forum..

You could definitely start by posting about your experience during the SFG weekend and how it impacted you as well as some videos with short coaching pointers on the movement..

Second step would be sharing ideas with current clients, offering intro to swing classes..

From there, possibilities and opportunities will all depend on you :)

Welcome to the SF forum..

You could definitely start by posting about your experience during the SFG weekend and how it impacted you as well as some videos with short coaching pointers on the movement..

Second step would be sharing ideas with current clients, offering intro to swing classes..

From there, possibilities and opportunities will all depend on you :)
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately we aren’t allowed to program, or stray from the programming, everything is made for us by corporate. That’s why I was looking more along the lines what kind of gyms people started working at who became certified.

I was fortunate enough to find a gym owned by a StrongFirst Instructor who wanted to add morning classes. Look in your area for independent gyms and see if they are looking to add classes.

I was fortunate enough to find a gym owned by a StrongFirst Instructor who wanted to add morning classes. Look in your area for independent gyms and see if they are looking to add classes.
Sounds good thanks for the advice!

Excellent advice by Ken. If you can do other stuff outside your current employer then that's your start.

Hi @Richm24

I've put mine to use in personal training through my local military base, but actually they only want my NASM-CPT and don't look for additional certs beyond that. SFG and the other StrongFirst certifications have certainly has helped me effectively train clients, but I can't personally speak to getting hired with it.

If you really want to make the most of SFG and go deep into teaching StrongFirst methods and principles, I'd recommend getting to know the community as much as possible. Use the Instructor listing, go to the web sites for the instructors, especially the Leadership, Team Leaders, Elites. See what sort of gyms they own and work at, and if you see one you like, contact the owner or instructor to see what it takes to get hired there as a coach. Also use the StrongFirst gyms search and learn about those gyms. Best of luck to you!

I’ve actually been doing this! So it’s nice to see I’m on the right track. Just been finding a bunch of people on here who are certified and finding them on social media, seeing what their doing or where they work. It’s a good start for sure, thanks for the tips I appreciate it!

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately we aren’t allowed to program, or stray from the programming, everything is made for us by corporate. That’s why I was looking more along the lines what kind of gyms people started working at who became certified.
If you are not allowed to go away from their specific programming you can still use the technique principles that StrongFirst teaches to better your students. Cleaning up their technique from the skills you learn at a StrongFirst event will make any program a student is on much safer and effective.

If you are not allowed to go away from their specific programming you can still use the technique principles that StrongFirst teaches to better your students. Cleaning up their technique from the skills you learn at a StrongFirst event will make any program a student is on much safer and effective.
Unfortunately I am not. But that is something I can do is help people improve their form. Thanks!

@Richm24

Order of Operations:

1) Read Enter the Kettlebell and Simple & Sinister
2) Practice the Program Minimum; Right of Passage; Simple & Sinister protocols
3) Take the 1-day Kettlebell course
4) Take those skills and complete training programs from the StrongFirst website, practice coaching others
5) Take the 3-day SFG1 course
6) Continue to coach others; Volunteer to be an Assistant SFG at an SFG 3-day cert in your area
7) By now you will have a solid set of skills as well as a network of Master Instructors, Team Leaders, and SFG's who can refer you.

Should take a minimum of 3-5 years depending on your current fitness level.

All the best.

@Richm24

Order of Operations:

1) Read Enter the Kettlebell and Simple & Sinister
2) Practice the Program Minimum; Right of Passage; Simple & Sinister protocols
3) Take the 1-day Kettlebell course
4) Take those skills and complete training programs from the StrongFirst website, practice coaching others
5) Take the 3-day SFG1 course
6) Continue to coach others; Volunteer to be an Assistant SFG at an SFG 3-day cert in your area
7) By now you will have a solid set of skills as well as a network of Master Instructors, Team Leaders, and SFG's who can refer you.

Should take a minimum of 3-5 years depending on your current fitness level.

All the best.
Very descriptive thanks so much!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom