all posts post new thread

Off-Topic SFG + Physical Therpist recommendation Israel

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Robert Barnes

First Post
When I was 36, after the acute onset of debilitating back pain, I found out that I've got a double idiopathic scoliosis, with 25 degree curves in both the lumbar and thoracic areas of my spine. Among other things, I got turned on to kettlebells via Dr. Stuart Mcgill's books. After a false start and some unrelated injuries I finally got into a good training rhythm this past April, but after about seven months I feel like I'm not really advancing. I've been trying to follow S&S, with the idea of getting to heavy enough one armed swings so that I can use them to try and help de-rotate my spine a bit ( my vertebrae are rotated to the right so that I've got a short tight right QL, while my left one is elongated and weak ).

There are about 25 SFG's listed here in Israel, and I was wondering if there is someway I could just e-mail all of them at once or find out if one of them has a background in physical therapy and / or spinal bio-mechanics ( without having to call every single one of them individually ).

When I was 36, after the acute onset of debilitating back pain, I found out that I've got a double idiopathic scoliosis, with 25 degree curves in both the lumbar and thoracic areas of my spine. Among other things, I got turned on to kettlebells via Dr. Stuart Mcgill's books. After a false start and some unrelated injuries I finally got into a good training rhythm this past April, but after about seven months I feel like I'm not really advancing. I've been trying to follow S&S, with the idea of getting to heavy enough one armed swings so that I can use them to try and help de-rotate my spine a bit ( my vertebrae are rotated to the right so that I've got a short tight right QL, while my left one is elongated and weak ).

There are about 25 SFG's listed here in Israel, and I was wondering if there is someway I could just e-mail all of them at once or find out if one of them has a background in physical therapy and / or spinal bio-mechanics ( without having to call every single one of them individually ).

I have some physical therapist friends and can check with them if they know someone who is a good fit for your condition. Where in Israel are you? Regarding a mailing list maybe @Steve Freides can help.

I am no SFG or PT, but I am a trainer and FMS. You can PM in any issue you see fit.

@Robert Barnes, among those 25 SFG's are two members of our leadership. I suggest you start with one of them. בהצלחה

אני לא יודע איפה את גרה, אבל אחותי גרה בחיפה ואולי תוכל לעזור.

Translation: I wish you success. I don't know where you live, but my sister lives in Haifa and perhaps she can help.

-S-

@Robert Barnes, I don't have a Hebrew keyboard enabled on my computer, hence I used Google to translate and then I pasted it in. Sorry for not catching the gender error. I think Google noticed my mention of my sister...

Well, I didn't have one - just enabled that, and now I'll have to learn to use it. I've figured out how to be multi-lingual on my phone but not on my computer yet.

Yes, leadership are indicated in our instructor search with a star and their rank.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom