all posts post new thread

Kettlebell SFG1 Curiosity

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marius_Lefter

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi,

I have a question for those more experienced regarding two excellent programs for prepping for SFGI. Those two protocols I am refering to are these: StrongFirst SFG Kettlebell Certification Prep Guide | StrongFirst (by Mr. Brett Jones) and Peaking and Assessment for SFG Preparation | StrongFirst (by Mr. Daniel John).

And the question (silly as it may be) is: is it usefull to base the training for the SFG I on the plan laid out by Mr. Brett Jones and then, for the 7 weeks prior to the event, to peak using the peaking program laid out by Mr. Daniel John?

Thank you all.

If you have time for Brett J's protocol use it, I did and was well prepared. I decided to go for SFG1 in mid Dec. 2017. The testing was in San Diego on Mar 2nd 2018. This gave me roughly 3 mos. to prep but I had a good base of at least 5 days/wk training going in.

About 5 weeks from the testing I contracted the flu from my GF. First time in years I get sick and with the cert right around the corner I thought I was screwed. In the end it turned out fine but I would recommend 6 mos prep using Mr. Jones plan. Simple (but not easy), he knows what he's doing.

No disrespect to DJ as I'm sure many have successfully used his plan. I can only speak to what worked for me.

Personally, I followed @Brett Jones protocole to the letter when getting closer to the event, and it worked well. It had everything to prepare me for the volume of the weekend while practicing the specific skills I needed.
Last week with no training at all.

Previously, I had followed S&S up to 32kg, then 2 rounds ROP with a modified 16kg (additional plates to weigh 20kg) and later 24kg. When I finished the round with 24kg, I was ready to handle the protocole with a pair of 24kg for the remaining 3 or 4 months. And of course a visit to a SFG to check form a few months before!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom