all posts post new thread

Off-Topic SFG's philosophy and Montessori

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Questionfear

Level 4 Valued Member
So my son goes to a Montessori preschool, and the other night they had a parents night where we learned a bit more about how they teach, etc.

One of things they emphasized was how they break down things like numbers/math and language to very small basics, and then even after the students are progressing, they still go back and review those basics to give them a good foundation.

Anyhow, it struck me suddenly that it's the same way Strongfirst seems to function...you build the various basics, and even when you've built from there, there's still value in returning to the basics and refreshing and reviewing.

Sorry, just some random Saturday night ramblings.

I have never taught at a Montessori school, nor has my wife, nor did we send either of our children to one, but I have had a number of students from the local preschool-through-8th-grade Montessori, and I have been very favorably impressed with every one of them. They've been what you'd expect if you know of the Montessori philosophy - very engaged, very responsible for their own learning and their own ownership of whatever was taught to them, and never afraid to ask questions. I recommend the school whenever asked, and I don't know if this is true of other Montessori school, of course.

-S-

Sounds a lot like our school too. We have been amazed at his development and what he's learned, and he's only 3!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom