all posts post new thread

Barbell SFL testing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
These were not the same people (I was at the same events as Arryn). I think the point is that there is a broad spectrum. Some folks made 2x bw deadlift look like cake, while we've legit seen other people not have the strength to squat 5 reps at their technique test weight. Obviously in these cases there are some mobility restrictions and other components that go into the squats being challenging, but we do see it here and there. I think these people still have a great experience at the cert and take away plenty of helpful info to help them improve in these areas.
Ok :)
I interpreted the original comment from Arryn that there were people who made the 2xBW deadlift look easy but then couldn't perform 5reps in the squat with bodyweight.
I still don't get why you would attend a cert (not just SF certs, but any out there) when you know that you don't meet the requirements.
If I couldn't meet the requirements, I'd go for the SFL course, which also contains a lot of valuable info, then use that info in my training until I can meet the requirements and only after that attend the SFL cert.
The price for a cert is almost the same as the average monthly net income here in Germany. Yes the info at the cert is very valuable, but if I pay that amount of money I want to take that certification paper with me at the end.
But hey maybe that's just me :)

You have 6 months post certification to complete the requirements, so if you are close and use all the technique and programming advice in the event/manual it is very likely you can achieve it in the time frame.

You have 6 months post certification to complete the requirements, so if you are close and use all the technique and programming advice in the event/manual it is very likely you can achieve it in the time frame.
That's an option if you're very close.
How's the procedure for that?
- Film yourself at home?
- Visit a SFG near you and have him judge (even though he/she might "only" be a SFGI and not Team Leader, Master SFG etc. or e.g. you need to take the SFB test and there's no SFB in your country like in my homecountry Germany)?
- Travel to another cert without attending, just to take the test/tests again, but still have to pay for traveling there? And if that's the case what about if you live e.g. in Europe/Africa/Asia/South America and there's no additional cert on your continent within the next 6 months?

I still don't get why you would attend a cert (not just SF certs, but any out there) when you know that you don't meet the requirements.

I'm with you on that, I want to leave the weekend certified. I think everyone does, but they may not realize they are short. I mean it sounds simple enough, right? You can read the requirements and you test yourself to see if you can do them or not. You may think you've got it. But technique tests are tough... just relating back to SFG, and I imagine that SFL is similar, you are trying to remember about 15 critical cues at the same time, you are fatigued from the days of training and instruction prior to testing, you are under stress from being evaluated, and sometimes it just doesn't come together like you want. So the option to make up the requirements later comes into play, because you have paid all that money and of course you want the cert. Everyone I've heard of that had to make up requirements later was grateful for the experience. It was a disappointment during the weekend for sure, but they ended up with one-on-one attention from the team leader and absolute assurance that they met the requirement in the end. It's a good system all around.

Says on the website a video would suffice
Ok, thanks :)

I'm with you on that, I want to leave the weekend certified. I think everyone does, but they may not realize they are short. I mean it sounds simple enough, right? You can read the requirements and you test yourself to see if you can do them or not. You may think you've got it. But technique tests are tough... just relating back to SFG, and I imagine that SFL is similar, you are trying to remember about 15 critical cues at the same time, you are fatigued from the days of training and instruction prior to testing, you are under stress from being evaluated, and sometimes it just doesn't come together like you want. So the option to make up the requirements later comes into play, because you have paid all that money and of course you want the cert. Everyone I've heard of that had to make up requirements later was grateful for the experience. It was a disappointment during the weekend for sure, but they ended up with one-on-one attention from the team leader and absolute assurance that they met the requirement in the end. It's a good system all around.
Yes, but at least you know that you are capable of passing the test, you just didn't pass because of the reasons you mentioned or you might even injured yourself during the weekend and can't attend the test. It's good to have the 6 months timeframe for this.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom