Warmup:
A) Kb CP x 32k = 6/1
B) GSq + BC x 32k = 1/1 + 6/1
Work Sets:
A) KSK 1.0 P1W2D2 x 32k - 1,2,3; 66
B) Loaded Carries = 10s/EMOM x 10 Min

Notes:
5 Easy 5 Good
R shoulder and elbow felt great during the workout. R shoulder clicked sometimes but didn’t hurt at all or feel weird. Will monitor to make sure it doesn‘t start sneaking into a bad zone. Hands also felt good, just used chalk.
Increased weight vest poundage and unilateralness of Farmer’s Carry so decreased work:rest ratio of the Loaded Carry portion of today’s workout.
After Friday’s workout, abs were sore for a few days. I really like that structure and enjoyed that workout. I think I’ll try some version of it for my active recovery days if I can and the mood strikes me.

Last edited:
Wed 2/15/23
Warmup:
A) Kb CP x 32k = 6/1
B) GSq + BC x 32k = 1/1 + 6/1
Work Sets:
A) KSK 1.0 P1W2D3 x 32k - 1,2,3,4; 80
B) Loaded Carries = 15s/EMOM X 10 min

Notes:
5 Easy 5 Good
R shoulder and elbow felt fine. Some clunking in the right shoulder but didn’t bother me at all. Will continue to monitor.
Didn’t really feel like I increased RPE at all but made a significant increase in volume today. @Geoff Neupert: That was pretty cool.
Loaded Carries wore a 56# vest and did Unilateral Farmer’s Carry x 32k on odd rounds and Hangs on Even rounds
Might keep warmup at 6 reps instead of increasing to 7 for the last week. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Sat night (after sundown) 2/18/23
Warmup:
A) Kb CP x 32k = 7/1
B) GSq + BC x 32k = 1/1 + 7/1
Work Sets:
A) KSK 1.0 P1W3D1 x 32k - 1,2,3,4,5; 90

Notes:
5 Easy 5 Good
Loaded Carries = Odd Farmer’s 32k, Even Liz Crawl
Felt great; again had big volume jump but without a big RPE increase

Sun 02/19/23
Variety Day
A) Jump Rope = 5x3 min rounds with 1 min rest
B) Incline Treadmill Walk = 10+% x 3.0mph x 10 min
C) Static Stretching routine

Mon 2/20/23
Warmup:
A) Kb CP x 32k = 7/1
Work Sets:
A) KSK 1.0 P1W3D2 x 32k - 1,2,3,4; 78
1) Odd = Farmer’s 32k, Even = Bear Crawl; 56# Weight Vest
Notes:
5 Easy 5 Good
Felt great, even less clunking in R shoulder than usual (which is not a lot anymore)
Not a significant increase in RPE even though jumped up in total volume again.
Excited to be switching to DCJ again soon.

Last edited:
Tues 2/22/23
Warmup:
A) Kb CP x 32k = 7/1
Work Sets:
A) KSK 1.0 P1W3D3 x 32k - 1,2,3,4; 102
1) Odd = Farmer’s 32k, Even = Hangs; 56# Weight Vest
Notes:
3 Easy 5 Good
Crushed it today, last day best day. Also no issues with elbow or shoulder.
Hands are pretty sore, wore guards for some of it, probably should have for more of it. Hopefully they’ll be fine by Sat. Very very excited to start the next block and switch back to DCJ. VERY VERY excited that that will be my final block for this experiment before retesting and taking a nice little break.

Upcoming block will do autoregulated ladders of:
Day 1 (H): 4,5,6,7
Day 2 (L): 4,5
Day 3 (M): 4,5,6

I like having the ”heaviest” day earlier in the week rather than later. I picked those parameters based on Plan Strong’s recommended rep ranges for various RMs (assuming I’m about an 11RM now so needed a bit of tweaking to PS’s recommendations).

02/23/23
Variety Day
Went to Kickboxing class for the first time in many months, then did Nogi for the first time in a few months. Really really enjoyed myself, anticipate I’ll have weird soreness for the next few days. I know my right elbow will probably be a little flared up, and I got elbowed in the outside of my left foot so that’s a bit annoying right now.

Thanks for posting in a log. I want to try some block training after I finish my current program and this is very helpful to me.

Regards Paul

Sat night (after sundown) 2/25/23
Warmup:
A) Kb DCP x 32k = 3/1
B) GSq + BC x 32k = 1/1 + 3/1
Work Sets:
A) DCJ 1.0 P3W1D1 x D32k - 4,5,6,7; 26
B) Loaded Carries = 18s/EMOM X 10 min
1) Odd = Lizard Crawl, Even = Hanging Leg Raises
Notes:
4 Easy 5 Good
Overall totally fine and great, the individual sets really crank my HR up, forgot about that over the last block.
Hands felt fine, plan to continue to slather them with lotion regularly until they feel normal and not like they’ll tear if I look at them funny
Definitely could have gotten more sets in but this is my easy week.

Thanks for posting in a log. I want to try some block training after I finish my current program and this is very helpful to me.

Regards Paul
Have you seen the block training thread that @Bauer started. Please don’t take offense if you’ve posted in it and I don’t remember.

Mon 02/27/23
Variety Day
Kickboxing and Gi classes. Had a great time and glad I could work out the logistics to get back on the mats. Did an 11 min round for rolling and felt as easy as a 5 min round; the rounds after were 5 minutes and all felt just as easy from a fitness perspective.
Left ankle still feels a bit funky but it was fine for classes.
I may have figured out what’s going on with my elbow; it may be supinator or something with the radial head; when I apply pressure to the area and do the provocative movements the pain disappears as compared to just doing the provocative movements. I’ll need to explore this with a colleague and see if I can pinpoint the issue and a permanent treatment for it.

Tues 2/28/23
Warmup:
A) Kb DCP x 32k = 3/1
Work Sets:
A) DCJ 1.0 P3W1D2 x D32k - 4,5; 27
1) Odd = Bear Crawl, Even = Farmer’s Carry 40+32k; 56# WV
Notes:
5 Easy 5 Good
RPE lower than first session of the block but still higher than last block
Hands better but continuing to give them TLC
Definitely could have gotten more sets in but this is my easy week

Last edited:
Thurs 03/02/23
Warmup:
A) Kb DCP x 32k = 3/1
Work Sets:
A) DCJ 1.0 P3W1D3 x D32k - 4,5,6; 30
1) Odd = Farmer’s Carry 40+32k; 56# WV, Even = Hangs
Notes:
4 Easy 5 Good
Everything felt good

Wed 03/01/23
Variety Day
Nogi class
Not sleeping well, feeling pretty tight and beat up.
What are you doing to combat the sleep? It’s been an issue for me lately, I’m exhausted but tossing and turning. Part of me is almost ready to give edibles a shot lol

What are you doing to combat the sleep? It’s been an issue for me lately, I’m exhausted but tossing and turning. Part of me is almost ready to give edibles a shot lol
Absolutely nothing. Just had kid number 4 and we hope to have more, so this is a challenge I will lovingly have for the foreseeable future. I try to manipulate the variables I can, but parenting sort of throws a bunch of that out the window.

Sun 03/05/23
Warmup:
A) Kb DCP x 32k = 2/2
B) GSq + BC x 32k = 1/1 + 4/1
Work Sets:
A) DCJ 1.0 P3W2D1 x D32k - 4,5,6,7; 37
1) Odd = Farmer’s Carry 40+32k, Even = Liz Crawl; 56# WV
Notes:
4 Easy 5 Good
Everything felt good

Back