all posts post new thread

Shawn's Training Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Shawn

Level 5 Valued Member
I come from a bodybuilding background. I like all training types so I've tried many differant things. I'm 48 years old and have been doing physical work since I was 14 years old. So I've had my share of injuries, major and minor.

I really liked S&S and felt in great shape. But every once in awhile I would have problems with my lower back. So I have gotten a way from S&S and tooken some advice from some guys on here to lower the volume of swings. I tend to throw out my back more with one arm swings. Also with S&S, because of my bodybuilding background, I tend to add stuff to it.

What I did is write done KB and calisthenics exercises I like. Here's the list: Push: Get Ups, KB Press, Push ups, Dips Pulls: Swings, Pull ups, Chins, Rows, inverted rows Legs: KB Goblet and Front Squats, Bulgarian Split Squats, One Leg Bench Squats, KB One Leg Deadlift.

I also like variety but want to see results. I'm going to use some of North Coast Miller's ideas. Any input is welcome. I'm going to rotate a A and B routine three times a week. Also I'm going to use a Medium, Heavy and Light intensity on each day.Two days in between I'm going to do an easy light jog because I need to do some running in the fall.
Today
Routine A: Medium Day
Density 15 minutes of work
1)Get Up ladders 1&2 reps supersetted with Chin ladders 2&4 reps total of 3 sets each. Get Ups= 9 Chins= 18

Superset

Dips 3 sets x 5 reps supersetted with KB Goblet Squats 3 sets x 5 reps

Finisher:

Two Hand Swings 3 sets x 10 reps

Yesterday:

Routine B: Heavy Day
Density 15 minutes of work
1) KB Front Squat(1 KB) 4 reps each side supersetted with KB Press 3 reps each side

Triset:

1) Modified Renagade Row 6 reps
2) Feet Elevated Slow Pushups 15 reps
3) One Leg KB Deadlift 8 reps Just a note I'm terrible at these.

Also I've been doing Stuart McGill's Big Three everyday. I would like to get back to doing a little more volume on swings. I feel this will help.

I hear you with the injurys, had a few myself.
Feel like ive constantly got a injury somewhere or another !

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom