all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Shock and awe protocol

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sauli

Level 9 Valued Member
I completed today Scott Iardella's Shock and awe protocol. It's 4 week double kettlebell complex program for hypertrophy.

I liked it.
Very time efficient and still powerful program. Most of time sessions took about 15-20 minutes and they were hard, but still doable sessions. Basically less than 60 mins a week!

I believe this works very well also for fat loss and conditioning based goals.
I did not took any measurements, but I know that I gained some weight and some of it has to be muscle. :)

I did program with dbl 20s and I think that doing this program with dbl 24s is feat of strength and conditioning itself.

(y)(y)(y)

I completed today Scott Iardella's Shock and awe protocol. It's 4 week double kettlebell complex program for hypertrophy.

I liked it.
Very time efficient and still powerful program. Most of time sessions took about 15-20 minutes and they were hard, but still doable sessions. Basically less than 60 mins a week!

I believe this works very well also for fat loss and conditioning based goals.
I did not took any measurements, but I know that I gained some weight and some of it has to be muscle. :)

I did program with dbl 20s and I think that doing this program with dbl 24s is feat of strength and conditioning itself.

(y)(y)(y)

Not really clear on this program, sounds like a circuit-based whole body routine. Limited rest periods within supersets and longer breaks between?

I don't have doubles, is this something that could be adapted to sandbags?

Not really clear on this program, sounds like a circuit-based whole body routine. Limited rest periods within supersets and longer breaks between?

I don't have doubles, is this something that could be adapted to sandbags?
Well.. complexes. You do all the exercises (usually 3-5) and reps without setting the bells down and then you rest 1-3 mins and repeat.
I think this can be done with single bells, but not sure about sandbags.

What were your improvements ?
I did not do any measurements or pre testing, but I gained some weight and some of that is muscle. I improved some skills too(dbl snatch at least).. overall that program felt good. You should try it too. I guess it's similar program to Geoff Neuperts kb muscle...

Last edited:
@Sauli congrats on completing Shock and Awe! This one is in my pipline for quite some time. And you are right, it is similar to KBM but the structure is less rigid. How did you handle the renegade rows?

Also: feel free to contact Scott via facebook and give him a feedback. He really appreciates this.

@Sauli congrats on completing Shock and Awe! This one is in my pipline for quite some time. And you are right, it is similar to KBM but the structure is less rigid. How did you handle the renegade rows?

Also: feel free to contact Scott via facebook and give him a feedback. He really appreciates this.
Don't tell anybody, but I made bent over rows instead of renegade rows.
If I remember correctly it was also "allowed" modification.
I think I'll do it again later.

I think that's a good idea. I would not fancy renegade rows being fatigued, too.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom