all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Shoe Goo for Feivue?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I love my Feivue's but I get flat spots on the soles long before the rest of the shoe has worn out.

Anyone use Shoe Goo or similar on these?

Thanks.

-S-

I use Shoo Goo all the time on my Vans, to rebond the rubber strip around the edge of the sole where it inevitably becomes separated from the sole itself. Vans should really include a tube with every pair.

I haven't ever tried it to build up the worn surface of the outsole though.

Aren't those Feiyue's barely more expensive than a tube of Shoe Goo anyway? ;-)

Feivue's are inexpensive, but I'd still like to save them if I can.

-S-

Sorry, never tried it. Miss my Feiyues. Sadly I found they were too narrow for my feet. :(
I have a wide foot - used to wear EE in running shoes - but these are doing OK for me, same with AllStars. Both, I think, because they stretch a little, and also perhaps because I err on the side of slightly too big in terms of fit.

My wife says I don't have feet, I have shovels, equally long and wide.

-S-

@TravisDirks ......buy Feiyues a half size bigger than you would normally for foot coffins. I'm a UK 10, a 44 in euro size, not sure what that is in dollars!....my feiyues are 10.5 or a 45 and perfect. I forgot about this the last time I ordered and they are a bit more of a squeeze, although quite forgiving, gonna get a better fit though, maybe shiney white ones for a change.
I'm loathe to chuck out my pair that have bits falling off them now.....had them for 4/5 years though!!....and wear my new ones reluctantly. I passionately dislike buying shoes as I do jeans and wait until they've decomposed before buying new ones. @Steve Freides......sound familiar!!

I'm loathe to chuck out my pair that have bits falling off them now.....had them for 4/5 years though!!
I go through several pair a year. The flat spots I wear into the bottoms of the sole change my gait for the worse so I can't stay with them too long. Note that I walk several miles a day, every day.

I ordered Shoo Goo yesterday, am interested to try it - if it works, I'll be keeping each pair a lot longer.

-S-

I only really train in mine to be fair. Used to run in them and sometimes wear them out and about. They're not great in the cold though, are they? Especially if they've got holes in 'em!!

No, not great in the cold, but for walking a mile or two at a time, I haven't minded them. My feet get numb by the time I get to the grocery store, they warm up a little there, and then they're numb again by the time I get home. (I don't have holes in the soles, just spots where the sole is worn and other areas where it's not worn at all - I have a funny gait, very bow-legged.)

-S-

I played a lot of tennis in college- was a big shoe goo user! I've found it doesn't work well on the soles of shoes, tho. Will come off in a clump after few miles. To self-repair the sole, just find a small sheet of crepe or gum replacement sole, cut it to shape, and use some rubber or contact cement to "re-sole" the shoe. We used to do a lot of this in early days of running shoes. I don't know if the sole material is still readily available, but a shoe repair shop should have some.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom