all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Shorts to wear that wont rip or tear

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Adachi

Level 7 Valued Member
So, I've been glad to receive compliments from the missus on how the posterior has been looking . but I've been finding that my usual sweats and shorts and recycled pants cutoff at the knees because they were no longer suitable office attire, are ripping one by one during the swings. any recommendations for shorts?

lately I've been trying it bare in my boxer briefs but i haven't appreciated the rub between my forearms and thighs.

Where is the rippimng/tearing happening exactly? I've never had any shorts/sweats suffer damage from KB swings. Maybe there's something in your technique that could use a tweak.

I mean along the butt on my cotton or more normal pants, or at the crotch on my sweats. Where the seams meet. My guess is it's to do with my knees being out, tracking my toes and my feet being a little wider than my shoulders. My sweats that are stretchier, the seam popped. That was the final straw. So. I'm asking

The most comfortable shorts I have for training are an old pair of football/soccer shorts. They're light and offer complete freedom of movement for the lower body without feeling like any of the fabric or stitching is under stress. I'd definitely recommend them for any training unless you train outdoors in cold weather.

One end of the spectrum: Goodwill - disposable shorts
The other end: Patagonia Forge or Patagonia Nine Trails

Billabong Performance ( 4 way stretch ) board shorts and Dickies relaxed fit cargo shorts.

Also, I have not tried them, but I'm guessing that the shorts I see the animals ( compliment ) wearing during the CrossFit Games would be difficult to blow out.

Last edited:
4 way stretch shorts from billabong, hurley, volcom, quicksilver

Under armour golf shorts, hylete shorts are also good

So, I've been glad to receive compliments from the missus on how the posterior has been looking . but I've been finding that my usual sweats and shorts and recycled pants cutoff at the knees because they were no longer suitable office attire, are ripping one by one during the swings. any recommendations for shorts?

lately I've been trying it bare in my boxer briefs but i haven't appreciated the rub between my forearms and thighs.
That's funny, I've been doing the boxer brief thing since I can't go to the gym anymore.

I'd like to put in a good word for Soark, if only because there's not much out there about them. USA made, plenty short, built-in briefs so you can wear them as underwear, good pockets, much stouter than your typical running short (though not as heavy as rugby shorts), wide range of amusing colors and prints, reasonably priced.

Ten Thousand "Foundation" shorts are pricey, but excellent for your purposes. I love them for strength training!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom