all posts post new thread

Nutrition Should I Stick or Twist? (Longer Term Kettlebell+WD Diet/Training Advice Required)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I think _everything_ to do with wellness, including strength, tends to be less effective in people who are stressed and/or don't get enough sleep because, well, being stressed and/or not getting enough sleep is a less good way to go through life.

-S-

@ Steve Freides: Amen to that. You nailed it. Been there, done that and I have a scars to prove it.

Richard, obviously you and I are different, but to be honest more often than not my undereating phase consists of an apple or two, a banana or two, and coffee whenever I can sit down to have one. That's it (as well as a post workout whey protein shake or cottage cheese). I feel okay doing that but then I'm used to it, having been doing that for nearly a year.

I think the vital thing that Ori Hofmekler outlines that some overlook is the food combos that you have hinted at being more diligent with. Do it. Have days of high carb and days of high fat (more high fat if your goal is lean-ness in my experience), but don't have high amounts of both in one day. Pick a fuel for the day and stick to it. If you have high fat AND high carb intake all at once for days at a time (what I call 'calorie circuses'), then I find all hell breaks loose in terms of fat gain.
I still love that term 'calorie circus'

Thanks guys.

I'll stick. I really like this diet. It's good to get balanced advice on a forum without a flame war and anyone getting called a nazi.

Have a lovely day everyone.

@Richard Bath: I have to thank you to remind me the beauties and easiness of WD type of eating by starting this thread. Now that summer holidays are over, it's time to get back in the track. I little lost the control and have gained some fat. Mostly because of my knee, because I can't do normal things at the moment. Today is MRI and I have a goal to drop some weight before surgery. I think WD is the way to go.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom