all posts post new thread

Old Forum Shoulder bothered at lockout position.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chris F.

Level 3 Valued Member
Ladies and Gents, has anyone dealt with this? I'm having to abandon TGUs due to the irritation. Doesn't matter the weight. Been doing S&S for a while and having great success with the swings. Using the 32 exclusively for swings and I can do TGUs with that weight (but I have avoided it). I can use a 24 and it feels like a baloon and yet bothers the shoulder. The crazy part--handstand pushups, regular pushups, chinups--none of these things irritate it. Just the getups. My left shoulder has felt slightly unstable for many years. Bench pressing with nimrod technique in my 20s (over 20 years ago) and an injury on the job site have all contributed to the issue but generally I feel fine except for the getups. Any thoughts? If anything I'm more mobile than tight. In fact my "stronger side" is less flexible but never has these issues. Honestly, I feel like I could take a run at doing a getup with my 40 but wouldn't dream if it with the other side.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris
Can you post a video of your Get-up with a light weight?

<ol>
Hi Brett, thank you for your reply! Here is a video just taken using a 12K. Had to film in kitchen--only place with enough light at night LOL.

http://youtu.be/lkpx-Yvq7r0

Chris,
specific to the get-up - it actually looks like the lockout position is too far back
(arm behind the ear instead of bicep in-line with but not touching the ear)

If the shoulder is feeling unstable etc... I would recommend getting it checked just to be sure there isn't anything going on

Try the different arm position/lockout position and let me know how it goes

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom