all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Shoulder injury - impingement syndrome

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

valesjan

First Post
Hello guys, I am looking for and advice about my shoulder. Four months ago while doing TGU (20 kg) as I was getting up from the windmil my shoulder went backwards followed by horrible pain. First I thought it was dislocated but RTG proved it is ok. Three days after, the same thing happen while I was sleeping. All of the sudden my shoulder "jumped out of the socket". After ultrasound examination, my diagnosis was impingement syndrome. I was resting 10 days and then started exercise again - swings, TGU without weight. After another month I started with half TGU with 12kg bell. Everything went great and last month I was doing full TGU with bell. But yesterday again while sleeping, shoulder jumped out again. Thats why I would like to ask you if you could give me some advices what should I do with the soulder (exrcises,...) to prevent it from jumping out.
Thank you very much!

@valesjan
First off welcome to the form.
Second... this is a medical situation. You should consult with a doctor and/or physiotherapist for the proper course of treatment, including proper strengthening exercises. There are only one or two doctors that participate here, and I doubt that they would be willing or able to diagnose over this forum.
Once healthy and cleared for training you can get all sorts of good tips and advice here.
Again, welcome...

@valesjan, you might want to find an SFG in your area. Such a person can discuss your medical results with you, consult with the doctor or PT as needed, etc.

-S-

Thank you very much for answear, I am doctor, but I can't find a solution with clasical treatment, that is why I am asking here. Thanks very much for another opinions/answears....

@valesjan , what country do you practice in? if you are interested, send me a private message. I treat a lot of shoulders in my clinic and see a lot of impingement syndrome.

If the issue recurring you should definitely follow up with a physician and possibly a physical therapist. It sounds as though you have some ligament damage to allow the shoulder to continue falling out of socket. Once you have been medically cleared, you should implement a gradual strength training program. start by exercising that should at mild mount of weight, also implement flexibility training into your daily exercises. Ligament damage is often hard to repair without surgical options if it is a repetitive injury. When training avoid hyperextension of the joint and do not work the joint intensely. From here on out your goals of training should change from muscle mass development, to the ongoing care of that joint. Hope this helps.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom