all posts post new thread

Nutrition Side Dishes and Condiments You Could Eat a Lot Of, and Other Weird Food Preferences

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Just tried some Alexian Truffle Mousse: Pork fat,eggs,turkey liver,milk,chicken liver,sherry,onions,spices,truffles,salt,garlic,mushrooms.
Excellent.

Duck liver with Cognac also excellent, lots of natural Vit. A

Last edited:
Web site says a dash. First choice is grass fed beef organs, which I can't always get. Next is stuff made from organs, like the meat paste. Then comes Ancestral Supplements, which a fellow SFG II owns and operates.
Does ancestral supplements do like desiccated organ pills or whatever they are?

When I first served in Germany I fell in love with bratwurst - the first really useful German words that I learned were "ohne zenf". I can't abide mustard.

Tomato sandwiches with sautéed onions and mayo, mustard, etc.

Fresh sliced tomatoes with cottage cheese.

Oven-fried chicken hearts (don't bash it 'til you try it!)

Chicken liver and onions.

Fisherman's breakfast: sardines & eggs. Again, don't bash it until you try it!

Kind of addicted to two snacks:

In no order, 1) Those peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets 2) Cheez It crackers

I have the same lunch about 4 -5 days a week: Polar Brand, Smoked Herring Kipper Snacks.

These are made in Germany and seem to be of a higher quality than the typical grocery store brand. I buy them in 18 packs from Amazon. Cost works out to $1.45 a can. 140 calories of pure nutritional gold.

I have the same lunch about 4 -5 days a week: Polar Brand, Smoked Herring Kipper Snacks.

These are made in Germany and seem to be of a higher quality than the typical grocery store brand. I buy them in 18 packs from Amazon. Cost works out to $1.45 a can. 140 calories of pure nutritional gold.

Oh man I used to eat this all the time! I looooove the peppered smoked one.

Is it weird to not think your weird things are weird?

I can go for many days, even weeks, eating the same thing.
One time I only ate pizza for about 45 days.
It was a challenge from my husband. He didn’t think I could do it.
It was so easy, I could have done 60 days.

I like what I like and can eat it forever.
Hey, you're like Jared at Subway, ate there for a year or longer? Well maybe you're not like him afterall.

Oh, quite a some.

Shifka - pickled hot peppers. Can destroy a jar.
Salo (raw salted bacon or lard) - typical slavic
Pelmeni (dumplings) - I don't even bother to prepare less than a pound
There's some weird tradition soviet food I won't mention, that requires special mental preparation.
And yes, @Steve Freides, I love a lot of sour cream in my borscht or with my pancakes.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom