all posts post new thread

Nutrition Side Dishes and Condiments You Could Eat a Lot Of, and Other Weird Food Preferences

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I love tomato based products like salsa or spaghetti sauce. I'll eat it right out of the jar, sometimes even with a spoon. Or I'll open a can of tomatoes to snack on.

Also saurkraurt.

Or peanut butter. Peanut butter and butter, peanut butter and pickles, peanut butter and cheese, peanut butter on a spoon...

A couple lbs a week of grass fed ground beef products, which is 50% ground beef mixed with beef liver,heart,kidney , and tongue. Makes great grilled burgers,chili,spaghetti sauce.

Pre COVID and that market closing, I discovered a regional sausage maker who advertised that their sausage mince was made from grinding all the edible parts of the cow. Everything went into the grinder and only sausages came out. The sausages were incredibly tasty. I can't wait to try them again

I don't eat anything too weird out of the jar, etc except maybe peanut butter mixed with honey. I did marry a man of German Mennonite background, his parents pretty old school and grandparents even more so. Has led to me to some interesting food.

This is a sarcastic sort of "The Onion" or (if you are Canadian) " The Beaverton" sort of website, poking fun at Mennonite culture, written by a Mennonite, but no word of a lie, Mr Canuck really eats this. I would prefer to avoid food poisoning. Although, this is a man who also eats canned brown beans and cottage cheese mixed, with you guessed it...farmer sausage! Been together 26 yrs, if it was marriage based on food choices I would have been outta here lol!

Raw Farmer Sausage and Vinegar: A Daily Bonnet Recipe

Miso mixed with butter on toast

Also, I can eat large amounts of cheesecake

Last edited:
I'm sure I could live on just nuts and fruits.

I made an avocado-banana-pistachio pudding this weekend that had over 1000 calories, but I was still able to eat a bunch of plums before and cottage cheese pastry pie after.

Like natewhite39 said, sauerkraut. But I'll eat it anytime, not just before meals. It'll sometimes be a part of my meals along with some veg and hummus. Dang, I could eat a small bowl of cold kraut right now, but I finished my last batch. Dang...

Made pickled red onions with garlic cloves the other day, they were amazing.

Pickled red onion plus sardines and sour cream on crackers is on point. Pickled cabbage, sauerkraut, all that stuff is great too.

I don’t mind the taste of those Spirulina/Chloralla energy bits BUT the flavor goes through the roof when you add any sort of mct oil, I had a vitamin D supplement that had mct oil in it. Made this amazing green paste in your mouth that would stain your toothbrush for a week.

@IMayAgainKnowChris , Many moons ago, family birthday party for one of my nephews, think he was around 6-7. He chose an ice-cream cake that looked like a football field. Five minutes into the cake and a dozen plus people with green stained faces all laughing at each other making jokes like " I think I better back off on my vegetable juicing, the lawn mower ran out of gas," etc. Good times.

Coincidentally I made a similarly themed Facebook post of my own unique dishes. :)

Tuna and cottage cheese. Tastes better than either component alone. Nice low carb high protein go-to I have most days of the week.

Slow cooked meat (like pulled pork) and plain oatmeal. The oatmeal perfectly absorbs the savory juices of the meat and the texture is great. I prefer it to rice or potatoes most of the time.

Raw garlic. I eat upwards of a whole head of garlic, chopped and crushed into a paste, and swallowed (not chewed!) with water & food. Obviously this is more for the health effects than the flavor. There are so many benefits, most you will feel or see after just a couple days. For me it keeps the blood pressure way down, makes my skin glow, supports a sick workout pump, improves my breathing and allergies, keeps things A-OK downstairs. I could go on. It really is an extraordinary food!

Coincidentally I made a similarly themed Facebook post of my own unique dishes. :)

Tuna and cottage cheese. Tastes better than either component alone. Nice low carb high protein go-to I have most days of the week.

Slow cooked meat (like pulled pork) and plain oatmeal. The oatmeal perfectly absorbs the savory juices of the meat and the texture is great. I prefer it to rice or potatoes most of the time.

Raw garlic. I eat upwards of a whole head of garlic, chopped and crushed into a paste, and swallowed (not chewed!) with water & food. Obviously this is more for the health effects than the flavor. There are so many benefits, most you will feel or see after just a couple days. For me it keeps the blood pressure way down, makes my skin glow, supports a sick workout pump, improves my breathing and allergies, keeps things A-OK downstairs. I could go on. It really is an extraordinary food!
I avoid garlic like a vampire UNLESS it’s BLACK garlic or roasted to the point where it’s sweet. I worked at Whole Foods For 8 years and when I wa sin the kitchen we’d roast like 6 quarts of garlic at a time and when it was done I would just smash it all up and eat it with a spoon. Raw garlic though... never have I ever.

Garlic story. Was in Maui training a client. Stopped at a health food store near the airport to get a couple of green veggie juice drinks. Asked the gal making the drinks to add some ( some, not a bulb ) garlic. Got the drinks, took a good swig of mine. Concoction started to burn a hole in my stomach. Just made it to the bathroom in time to stick my face under faucet to chug some water. Problem avoided. Maybe I was being soft. Took drinks to car to give to client who was yakking on the phone, trading gold commodity contracts or some such. He took a sip, jumped out of car, and painted the grass. Maybe I wasn't being soft. Good times.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom