all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

I have been feeling tired for a long time. Thus skipped the Snatch plan 060 and did stationary bike work-out. 28 minutes. 9,29 km. resistance level 4 (8 is maximum).
Felt happier the longer I bicycled. Did nasal breathing all through the work-out. Zero challenge.

I work-out to be healthy and to feel happy. And hopefully to look a bit fitter.

It just happened. I saw my 12 kilo kettlebell and I just had to do another work-out. I also felt guilty for having eaten a desert. Thus I did Snatch program 060. For fear of being tired again I did only 18 minutes of work with 12 kilo.

Some measures in order to increase recovery:

Stretching right after the work-out. Mainly the legs.
Breath work.
A bit of meditation.
Eating protein, healthy fats and carbs right after the work-out.
Trying to lie in bed at least around 8 hours, and to have regular sleeping habits.

Did a bit random and easy training just because training sets me in a good mood. Always.

Did great gamma protocol. Then did some training of the forearms with a sledgehammer and some suitcase walk. Also did some crawling. I ended the workout after 22 minutes. Felt happy and with more energy.

Snatch program 060. 35 minutes. 12 kilo. New record. Impressed with myself. You can be very sleepy and not physically tired and visa versa. I am very tired today, but the body worked fine in terms of training.

I realized I was tired of doing front squat. My biggest achievement was doing 36+40 3 reps. I have done that exercise for around 5 months.
I started doing the Victorious press program instead. It was short and fun. It is three days a week. The other three days I do Snatch plan 060. I am also considering stepping up breathing exercises. My hope is to work on my press until I achieve 40 kg press. My plan is to do Victorious 1, then Victorious 2 and then start doing some of the Strong Plan programs. After that I will work on my cleans or my snatches. I think after being able to work with heavy cleans I will be able to Squat quite heavy weights.

Todays workout:

Victorious: Day 1, week 1.

Did Snatch plan 060. 35 minutes. First phase. I quit much like the program. Makes me really wonder and reflect about my own snatch technique. The bell used was 12 kilo. Quite soon I will be able to move on to phase 2. That will be cool :)

I have asked on the Victorious forum if it will interfere with the Victorious program.

Week 1, day 2 of Victorious 1. I use 24 kilo. I might have gotten away with using 28 too. However since I am running Snatch plan in addition, and my recovery rate is not stellar, I choose a more prudent load. I will watch my recovery so as to not get overtrained. I think sometimes I can get a bit too focused on results, stressing out about whether or not I will progress and at what time I will reach my goals.

I am trying to find the right balance between staying on a program until a ambitious goal is achieved, making training interesting and staying healthy.

Week 1, day 3 of Victorious 1. 24 kilo. Quite easy. 4.

Hm. I have been sick for five days. This is just week 1, and among the easiest week. Nevertheless, I think this work-out with 24 kilo was a bit too easy.

Snatch plan 060. 12 kilo. Stopped after 27 minutes. Have been sick for five days. Still a bit sick and coughing. Better to err on the safe side. I felt quite good, but still felt that I was sick.

Week 2, day 1 of Victorious 1. 24 kilo. Still quite easy.

Also did some power wheel roll out. Have bought myself a wrist friendly ab-wheel that looks very cool. Will be interesting to see if I make progress while using the 24. Not having to clean makes all the difference in the world.

Snatch plan 060. 12 kilo. 40 minutes. New. Record. I normally never work out 40 minutes in a row, and particularly not in an aerob non stop fashion.

Week 2, day 2 of Victorious 1. Using the 24 kilo.

Also did some arms bars and kettlebell pulldowns with 12 kilo. A bit too easy.

I am able to press 28 kilo 10 times on my right hand. It means I am probably doing Victorious with a too light weight.

Snatch plan 060. 12 kilo. 14 minutes. Phase 2. I m impressed by myself that I can keep going for this long. I think I am a bit of an anti-Navy Seal. Not pushing myself hard enough. Well. Im moving into the area of pushing myself harder.

Back
Top Bottom