all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

Tired. Slept badly.

Warm-up.

1h swing*32/ 10*10

The workout was not too hard, but I felt tired so I skipped Goblet squat and TGU.

After a couple of hours I felt like training some more so completed the work-out:

TGU@32/ 2*1 Pr. hand
TGU@28/3*1 Pr. hand

GSQ@28 / 3*5

Last edited:
It really hurts my ego to do such a "normal" program, but I guess I have to swallow my pride.

We are in such abnormal times that many are drawn to “normalcy” like moths to a flame. But many of us hope we will be less like a moth and more like a phoenix and be reborn in the flame.

My swings are not up to par. Not deep enough, and the timing might a bit off. Tried to correct this with the 32 kilo swing, but that was not a success. I will therefore take a small break from regular S&S training and practice proper swing, kettlebell deadlift and air-swings.

Air-swings
Air deadlift.
Kettlebell deadlift.

GSQ@24/ 2*5
TGU@28/3*1 (each hand)
TGU@32/2*1 (each hand)
GSQ@32/1*5

Did some crawling something that seems to be good for my shoulders.

I've noticed that after a set of 1H swing with 32 when I do set with 24, the latter flies like crazy. I'm also more focused on correct technique. Mayby You might do a step back to lower bell for a while?

Last edited:
Yes. And maybe also film yourself. I have ignored filming yourself for a good while, and I have probably achieved timeless simple with quite stiff legs. But I think filming yourself is always good. Even if it is only for you own eyes, it is still quite revealing.

I like my new status: Level 4 valued forum member :)

Jumping stance to find right swing stance.
Deadlift towards a wall
One hand and two hand kettlebell deadlift.

Practicing intuitive eating and sleep restriction to improve my sleep.

How are things going with the intuitive eating? I've heard a lot about it and it sounds good in theory.

Hi, Iversen: It sounds good in theory. I have tried it so far and I have gained around 3-4 kilos, probably mostly water and fat. I have to add that I have a lot of chocolate and chips laying around in my apartment just to prove my point that no food is "forbidden." That was also a good project in theory and time will show if it works well in real life. I am giving it four months. The point with intuitive diet is not just to be slim and eat healthy, it is also to have a healthy relationship to food, candies and your own body.

Todays workout:

TGU@28/ 3*1 (each hand)
TGU@32/2*1 (each hand)

GSQ@24/2*5
GSQ@32/1*5

Biceps curl with rope and kettlebell@16/ 3*8
Reversed curl with rope and kettlebell@8/1*10

Quite tired.

2h swing@24/ 4*10
2h swing*32/6*10

My swings are still not deep enough I think, I bend my knees too early and I bend my arms. I also wonder if I sometimes overextend my back. Anyway. I will work on one thing at a time. Maybe having one focus every two weeks.

Present focus: Straight arms.

Anyway. I will work on one thing at a time. Maybe having one focus every two weeks.
There really is only so much focus to go around, but I have found I can't stay on one point for more than a few sessions or at most a week in a row. I appreciate that your ability to focus longer.

Currently on my get-ups, I am going to concentrate on only one small portion of the lift at a time and really try to learn my own tendencies and refine. For example, today was the set-up and floor-press. I lowered the weight a bit to really give me more mental room to observe. I will rotate through the sequence and may start again at the beginning, but there is no way I can keep more than one step truly in my mind each day.

Tim Randolph: Thank for the interest. I have started this project with focusing today so we will see if I am able to have the discipline to stick with it :)

Good tip to also focus on the TGU. ** Yes. Reducing the weight seems like a good idea. I hope I also can do this with ballistics.

Back
Top Bottom