all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

Troubles getting to 83 kilo bodyweight.
Tried glycolytic workout:

1 minute stationary Bike. Resistance level 7. 32 km/h.
10 push-ups.
14 kb deadlifts with 40 kilo (1 set), then 48
Band rows 14 reps. Blue band from iron woody.

4 rounds. 17 minutes.
Empty stomach.

Walking snatch: 16 kilo 6 minutes. 20 kilo. 3 minutes.
10 minutes swing. 20 kilo. 10 reps. 13 sets.
Goblet squat and windmill.

Snatch@20 kilo. 7 reps*10 sets. Focusing on technique.
Goblet squat with 44 kilo. 5 reps*3 sets.

At my parents place so no weights between 20 and 44 kilo available. I found out that I might be able to 2h swing the 44 kilo. So I will do that from now since I am mainly focusing on swings at the moment. Heavy goblet squat is quite fun. Will remember that. Some time in the future I might be able to do that with 60 kilo :)

2h swing@44 kilo. 5 reps. 11 sets. 11 minutes.
Goblet squat@44. 5 reps. 3 sets.
Stretching psoas + windmils.

Walking snatch with 16 kilo. Kettlebell resting on a straight arm above the head when taking the step. New record. 21 minutes.

In my parents´ hut. No kettlebells.

Jumping lunges 10 reps (one jump = 1 rep)
Semi-archer push ups: 6 reps pr. side (the stretched arm, not completely stretched out)
Glute bridges 10 reps.
Leopard crawl: 10 meters back and forth
Band rows (one side black band) 10 reps.
Bird dog 18 reps.

4 rounds.

2h swing@44: 5 reps *14 sets.
Goblet squat@44: 5 reps * 3 sets.
Push ups: 7 reps *2

44 kilo might be a tad too heavy, but vacation at my parents place and there is a very limited numbers of kettlebells here. Will go home to my own apartment where there is an abundance of different kettlebells.

I will start with a push-up strong endurance protocol and with another one of Erik Toshner´s exercises from the newsletter.

2h swing feels different than 1h swing. More difficult to feel the stretch in the hamstrings with the 2 h swings. Particularly when I am using heavy 2h swings.

I have a difference in mobility between my two hamstrings. The left side is much tighter than the right side. Everything on the right is dominant, and stronger for me. I have had some back pain lately, it is particularly present when I am doing 2h swings.

In order to do something with this problem I tried to do two one-legged exercises.

1 leg deadlift@12 kilo. I did it both with the weight held lateral and contralateral.
Overhead lunges@12 kilo. I did the same here.

10 minutes swing@24 kilo. 10 reps *9 sets.

1h swing@24: 10 reps*15 sets.
Lateral walks and the aeroplanet as warm up.
One-arm rack lunges@20 kilo: 5 reps in all four positions (right and left foot with right and left rack).

30 minutes of Zone 2 training on stationary bike.
Some pulls-ups and continuing with my push-ups endurance program.
83,9 kilo. The lightest I have been in 5 years.
Probably an injury in gluteus medius. Not sure what to do. Taking some days of from kettlebell swings and snatch.
I will try Infrared light and air-massage in air pants.

Came home very late from work therefore super easy workout:

1h swing@16 kilo: 10 reps * 14 sets.
2 sets of Nordic hamstring curl (negative face) and back extension in that position. The two last exercises seem to reduce gluteus medius pain.

1h swing@24. 10 reps. 14 sets.
Goblet squat@24. 7 reps*3 sets.
Waiters walk@24 kilo. 1 set pr hand.
Suitcase walk@28 and 48. 1 set pr. Hand.

Back
Top Bottom