all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

Yesterday was alternative day: Did a bit of walking, sprinting in stairs, crawling and suitcase walk. Like suitcase walk, but I think it will be too much for my underarms since my main goal is S&S.

Today: Easy "normal" S&S day. Did 2h swings because my underarm is a bit tender.

GSQ@24@16@28
Swings 2h@24/ 4*10
Swings 2h@28/6*10
TGU@24/1*5 pr hand. Finished all reps with one arm before switching to the other.

It felt quite easy. When I go deeper in the swing I get more power "effortlessly", but at the same time I get more tired. I wonder if my squats are not that strong and do not have the greatest of endurance.

I also did some cleans with the 20 and 24 for fun.

Feeling some slight discomfort in my left forearm and right hamstring. I think I will train a bit alternative today. So I did the GGP, flexible steel and some crawling.

1) I think you have to be willing to accept boredom if you want to achieve great things.

2) First goal. Find the experts. Follow what they say. (so there are two possible mistakes: 1) Find the wrong experts and listening to them, 2) find the right expert and not doing what they tell you to do).

Did another light training:

Waiter´s walk@28 kilo: 3 sets pr. hand.
One arm racked carry with 16 kilo 1 set. Then another set with 20 kilo.
Bicycling easy for 16 minutes.

Training always improves my mood, so I like to train daily if I have the time for it. I only should take care so as to not overtrain, or overstrain small muscles. Bicycling with low intensity: It is pure meditation.

Last edited:
GSQ@20 (2 sets)@ 36 (1 set)
1 hSwings@32/4*7
1h swings@32/6*6
1/2 TGU (to bottom lungs position)@36/ 3 sets pr hand. (Felt heavy. Fun, but heavy)

Slept badly and have a headache.

GSQ: 3 sets of 24.
2h swing@24/4*10
2h swing@28/6*10
Waiters walk@28/ 3 set pr. hand.

TGU was not done due to the headache. I don't like to move in risky positions when I have a headache thus I chose the "easier" waiters walk, while still hoping it can have some carry over effect to the TGU.

Proud of myself for having trained despite having a mild headache and being tired.

Tired and some discomfort in my right forearm, thus I did a light day with 2h swings.

GSQ@24/3*5
2h Swings@24/10*10
TGU@24/ 1*5 pr hand.

Felt fine afterwards.

Still some slight discomfort in my right forearm. I got the suggestion to focus more on deadlifts so I did deadlift with kettlebells.

GSQ@36/ 3*5
Kettlebell deadlift@24@28@32@36@40 Sets of five to ten.
TGU@32/1*5 pr hand.
GSQ@40/3*5

Back to training after a couple of days free from training.

GSQ@24/3*5
1h swing@24/10*10
TGU@24/1*5 pr hand.

Some chins ups, and some training for the extensors and for the wrist. Always nice to be training.

1h swing@24/10*10 tried to hurry so as to make it a bit glycolic. 24 kilo feels quite light for me. I'm focusing on pushing back with my butt, instead of down.
TGU@24/ 1*5 pr. hand. Did one hand five reps, than changed hand. Hoping this can build some endurance. Felt safe.
GSQ@24/ 12+3

Some tips to myself:

Arm straight during swing.
Back with the butt, not down. Focusing on feeling a good stretch in the hamstrings.
Waiting with he back-bend until the last moment.
Using power in the back hip hinge.
Tightening the quads, the abs and the glutei in the plank position.

Tired, little sleep.

Gsq: 3 sets of 24 kilo.
2h swing@28/ 10*10
Tgu@28/ 1*5 pr hand.

The left hand is a bit shaky. The right one feels fine and stable.

Todays training:

Warm up.
Goblet squat@28/ 2*5
Goblet squat@16/5 (with prying)

One arm swing: 32/10*4
One arm swing:36/6*6

TGU@32/1*5 pr hand.
1/2 TGU@36/1*2 pr hand.

Some unplanned things have happened lately. I am going to many job interviews. During a Krav Maga camp I burst one breastbone. And I work on improving my sleep. Due to the burst breastbone (one week ago) I cannot train TGU. Even heavy swings are hurting. So I do light swings, and sometimes timed sessions. And then I bicycle in my apartment. Norway is closing down due to Covid-19 so I am happy I have my small gym at home :)

I have burst a chest bone some weeks ago which gave me some serious pain the first days, now this has hopefully diminished considerably and I can barely feel the pain, save when I do push ups. I am also redecorating my apartment so limited place for training. I have done some training three to four times a week. I have done military press with bands since that felt less painful.

Today's training: 1h swing: 32/10*10

I have to start setting mini goals since that is what keeps me motivated. Maybe my new goal will be 1h swing. 36/10*5

Tested 2h swing@36/ 10*10. Quite easy.
2 h is really that much easier than 1 h. This is maybe the first time ever, or at least the first time in a long time that I have managed to do 36 kilo 10*10.

Next time I push myself with 1h 36 kilo swing. But I have to also sometimes to easy swing with 24 and 28.

Yesterday: Did some easy training with step-up on a chair and some pull-ups. I think daily training can improve sleep quality.

Today:

1h swing@36/10*6. Not easy, not hard. Could have done more reps, but kept it relatively easy because of a challenging life situation with little sleep and a new job.
Too little space for TGU so did band military press with red and blue band (Iron woody band).

Always feels good to train.

Yesterday:

A kind of easy training/Deload day: 1h swing/ 5*10@24
1h swing/5*10@28

10*1@16 TGU

Today:

1h swing@36: 10*6 A bit hard. Could have done more reps, but chose to not rush things. I feel stronger than I have ever been.
TGU@20/ 10*1 Felt very easy.

Very tired from new job and quite a bit of commuting. Thus I did 2h swing.

2h swing@36/ 10*10

Waiters walk@24 3 sets pr hand. Just too tired and unfocused for doing TGU on my own floor.

Feel quite happy after having gone through with the training.

S&S:

1h swing@32/ 10*10

TGU*28/5*1 each hand

GSQ@32/ 3*5

Quite easy despite having little sleep.

Some sort of uneasiness has flared up in m right hamstring again. It does not hurt to do swings, but it hurts when I do naked squats. I will take four days of from swings and rather focus on supplement exercises and TGU. With start to flirt heavily with the 36 kilo in the TGU. Doing both partial TGU, negative TGU and waiters walk/hold. Look forward to it. I will also incorporate flexible steel and do some Nordic hamstring curl and some naked hamstring curls high reps to increase blood flow and tendon health in the hamstrings.

Today did swings with 28 and TGU with 32.

Back
Top Bottom