all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

Reached another level of tiredness. Decided to switch training program for a while. 28 kilo with ROP is just too much for me now. I cannot fix my sleep AND do ROP with 28 kilo at the same time.

I decided to do a 5*5*5 program for Beyond Bodybuilding in Pavel.

Suitcase walk: 1 minute 12 kilo.
C&P: 12+16 kilo. (Left hand 16 kilo). 5 reps.
Front squat: 12+16 kilo (left hand 16 kilo): 5 reps.
Pull-ups (neutral grip): 4 reps.
Walk outs with two sets of hand stretches in bottom position: 51 seconds.

Since I am trying to actually reach some goals here, and not just have fun training, I decided to change the program into something that could be easy AND make my press stronger.

The solution I came up with was to try The giant 3.0. It is the edition where you use very low reps. I use 20 minutes and I use a single bell. And I only do press, not a clean for every rep.

DAY 1: 12 sets. (that is the combined number of sets with the right hand and the left hand. )

New PR: 36 kilo military press on my right hand. First try. Failed with the left hand. Mostly because of lack of stability I think.

Feeling very tired in the shoulders. Not stiff, just tired, and just in the shoulders.

Did a light work-out:

Combined walk-outs with suitcase carry for 17 minutes.

Walk-outs: I did three reps of one minute each. I like to to the with two sets of hand raises at the bottom. I also like to have the hand position end up at the level of my forehead, not at the level om my shoulders.

Suitcase carry with 16 kilo and 20 kilo. Focusing on technique. Reached 1 minute and 45 seconds with the 16 kilo.

SOME INTERMEDIARY GOALS:

* 36 kilo military press on both hands. (I have managed this on the right side, not left).
*Walk-outs 5 minutes.
* 2 minutes suitcase walk with 40 kilo.

BIG GOALS:

* Suitcase carry 48 kilo 2 minutes.
* Double military press: 36+40 5 reps
* Kettlebell front squat: 36+40 10 reps
* Crawling 10 minutes
* Snatch test with 28 kilo
* Do Pavel´s C&J program with 32 kilo.
* S&S solid in 9 minutes
* Double C&J 32+32 20 reps

Giant 3.0 with 28.

"Most rep day", day 2. Week one. 12 sets. (did clean before every rep)
New PR with mace bell 6 kilo: 45 reps each round.
Did some walk outs.
Did suitcase carry with 28 kilo. Each rep around 1 minute.

third week: day one.

25 set. New record. Did some mace bell swing as a warm up. Finished with GSQ 6 reps*3 set. I like this work-out, but it does not seem to lead to hypertrophy. Maybe natural since the reps are low.

Visiting my parents. I always sleep very well there.

Back in my apartment I did third week, third day: Very low reps.

@28 kilo. 50 set.

Week 4, day 2: Most rep day:

20 minutes. 14 set. One day more to go and then I am finished with first giant program.

My primary goal right now is to loose weight. Right now I am 86, and I would like to get down to 81 kilo. I have been doing different press programs something with has made me stronger in the press. My left elbow is a bit tired of all the heavy pressing. I thought I would try something different.

I chose the RMF program from Neupert. I am not an expert in clean and jerk, and in addition will be eating with quite a big of a caloric deficit, so I will take it a bit easy with the training. I can probably press 34 on one hand, but chose to start the RMF with 12+16 kilo. There is something a bit off with my left shoulder. If this is not cured I will probably have to go over to training Front squats instead.

Did my first workout:

5 clean and jerk reps. 12+16 kilo: 16 sets in 30 minutes: RPE: 5. Some left shoulder pain.

I seem to have som injury or pain in the left shoulder. My experience is that this will recover quite quickly, maybe a couple of days. But since it is shoulder pain, most likely in the tendon, I will not do pressing and not do any clean and jerk. I think I got it from trying a maximum press three times in one day.

This being so, and me being a bit addicted to training I switched to Neupert´s Front Squat program.

The program has the name BTB 2.1 and is to be found in Express ultra reloaded.

He recommends quite heavy weights, but I have not been doing any serious squatting for ages so I will start very light. I started with 16+20.

Day 1: 5 ladders (20 minutes)

Day 3 FSQ: 20 minutes. 10 set with 20+24
4 sets with 24+28

Some playing around with mace bell.

Suitcase walk program that I have made myself:

Also played around a bit with mace bell and walk-outs. It is always a highlight of the day to train.

Back
Top Bottom