all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Simple and sinister in fat suit

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pipper2

First Post
I am obese and doing s&s.. Problem for me is swings are fine with bigger weights but get ups are tough from ground to standing, shoulder part is fine but transition from hip because of my extra weight from my fat suit is toughand unstable, should I just accept my get up will be less weight than my swings till I lose more weight? Down 40 lbs already so working on it:

I’m newish ( about 3 months ) to s&s, and while I’m starting to work the 32kg into my swings, my getup is way behind. I’m almost ready to go from 12kg to 16kg. I’m confident I’ll get one arm 32 swing by Christmas but I doubt I’ll be anywhere near 24kg on the get up.
I think it’s just slower progress on getups. You’re doing great, that’s a great effort

I am obese and doing s&s.. Problem for me is swings are fine with bigger weights but get ups are tough from ground to standing, shoulder part is fine but transition from hip because of my extra weight from my fat suit is toughand unstable, should I just accept my get up will be less weight than my swings till I lose more weight? Down 40 lbs already so working on it:
Regarding fat loss, may I recommend „The Swing“ by Tracy Reifkind? If one knows losing pounds by swinging, it is her ?

Welcome to the Forum! Each lift progresses on its own schedule. Focus on form and "owning" each weight before adding weight and be patient. You have made great progress, and steady practice over time will get you to a good place. Strength to you!

Hey, Pipper2.
How are the swings and getups going?
It is typical for different lifts/movement to progress differently.

I am also in an obese state working toward Simple.
Training Log

I would love to see/hear about your progress.

As @Mark Limbaga already mentioned above, each lift progresses at its own pace. For me my TGU weight progresses faster than the swing ... and thats probably because my cardiovascular capacity is s*** at the moment. All I'm saying is don't let progress on one dictate the weight of the other !!!

If swings are no problem why not utterly hammer them as a body composition method and then come back to S+S? Why not explore complexes, Vo2 snatch protocol, Tracy Reifkind and Mark Reifkind swing programs until you can do this move? I’m 18 years owning and training kettlebells and I’ve only sparingly trained the TGU. I know that’s heresy on here but I don’t think for a minute it’s somehow inhibited my kettlebell journey. And I can do Simple at will if I feel like it. At the end of the day it’s what works for you and this game is all a journey. It’s not a tick board of “must do”. If for anatomical reasons you can’t do a move, don’t do it and don’t feel bad. You can come back to it or not. That’s my tuppence for free.

I’m newish ( about 3 months ) to s&s, and while I’m starting to work the 32kg into my swings, my getup is way behind. I’m almost ready to go from 12kg to 16kg. I’m confident I’ll get one arm 32 swing by Christmas but I doubt I’ll be anywhere near 24kg on the get up.
I think it’s just slower progress on getups. You’re doing great, that’s a great effort
I thought I’d put this here. From the 14th of September til now, I can easily do all S&S swings one handed with the 32kg and now have a 36kg bell. I can do a few sets with it one handed and the rest 2 handed. I am also doing getups with a 20kg. I think I may get to 24kg by new year.

Point is, just keep doing it. With heavier weights, I’ve found dropping to 3-4 days a week is right for me. Don’t worry if you have a week where it feels tough, it’ll turn around the next week.

I’m actually eating a little more. I now eat at maintenance. Feels a bit better

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom