all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Simple goal reached, strong but still fat :/

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
everyone was fed the same salty, starchy diet.

Just a side note on this: I had a friend who was a prison guard at a state penitentiary and of all things people tried to smuggle in, creatine was the most common. They'd find it stashed in the bushes where the work crew was cleaning roads, even drones tried to fly it over the fence. I'm not trying to influence this conversation in any specific way, just an interesting fact from the local pen.

One thought: I´m seeing a lot of suggestions of rather complex approaches to diet, such as IF, no carb, etc. These seem like powerful and complex approaches, maybe useful/required for reaching "outstanding" results, such as <12% body fat (like Wesker or Wxherk), but in my opinion not necessary for reaching normal numbers. The OP is talking about his interest in not being fat, which would probably mean having a goal of about 20% body fat (or a normal, fit adult body).

If the goal is "not being fat", my opinion is that a normal diet, avoiding processed foods, only eating whole foods in normal quantities is a better advice than complex diets. Only after this "normal diet" is mastered, and with a normal non fat body achieved, more complex diets should be attempted. Otherwise it would be like aiming for Sinister before achieving Simple, IMO.

Couldn't agree more. My foray into ultra low (for a drug & supplement free then 49 year old) bodyfat percentage was a personal challenge spurred by a group challenge. My training partner, Anna C, will be the first to tell you that I am rather susceptible to what she calls "testosterone poisoning." At that time I was fully in its clutches. I completely agree with Oscar about mastering the normal diet before advancing to extreme procedures.

Also, I agree with 305pelusa about my cut flour / cut sugar / more protein advice not being as simple as I state. My reason was just to help OP shed the excess fat as opposed to getting ultralean.

No calories between lunch and dinner, even that means cream in coffee. All drinks needs to be zero calories as well.
Just give it a shot for week days, 2 week and see how it goes.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom