all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Simple or Sinister Standard: Who's going to do it in 2018?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Now that I can do explosive one handed swings with the 48 kg for sets of ten I feel a new confidence. My training for the rest of the year will be focused on accomplishing the Sinister standard. I have no doubt I will learn some things at Strong Endurance in May that will help.

Stephen, I'm not a professional trainer but I think you do bring up a good point about applying principles to practice. You are 60 years old and have certain realities to deal with. If an 8kg jump is too big for you then a smaller one might be appropriate. At 60 years of age just staying active is probably a good goal. You can get a lot done with a 24kg kettlbell.
I just turned 50 years old and I'm wondering whether the Sinister standard is realistic for me. At a certain age we just have to deal with certain physical realities. At some point just staying mobile and healthy will probably be more important to me than hitting certain weight and rep standards.

Best of luck
Thanks, Robert. It’s tough to let go of the lofty goals, but your point is taken.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom