all posts post new thread

Simple path

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thanks! Well yeah, figured out that I can do light S&S aside rehab. So far feeling good about it. I'll report if things are changing.
Sounds good! Lately I'm amazed at how strong you can get with simple exercises. I've been reading Original Strength, did you read it?

Thanks! Likewise.No I haven't. Is it any good?
It is! the exercises are extremely simple. I have started using them as warm up or wake up routine and so far so good. They might be of good value for your back issue. Read it!

It is! the exercises are extremely simple. I have started using them as warm up or wake up routine and so far so good. They might be of good value for your back issue. Read it!
I'll check it out! Thanks for the tip.:)

Hey @Oscar my friend. How are you doing?
Hi masa! I'm doing fine, thanks. My training, so so. I had two very good weeks that I had to spend on board a Russian ship and was very lucky to find a 32 kg kb on board. A gift from strength gods. But then I came back home and things got difficult again. I have been working too much, up to 300 hs a month, so I have decided to quit my job. I will be unemployed, but at least I'll have time to train :)

How about you?

Glad to hear from you. That was awful a lot of working hours a month.

I changed my job duties. Got rid of shift work. Training has increased. Time will tell how my back can take punishment, but rehab has worked so far. Started to do S&S again.

Have a nice Midsummer Day!:)

I have been training consistently since beginning of July, and been keeping a proper log in a Excel file since beginning August. I´ve been a bit lazy to keep a log, but it was great when I kept the log here, so I´ll start again.

upload_2018-9-11_20-29-44.png

This percentages are based on my progress to the 32. 100% on either exercise would mean that I did the full S&S session with the 32, I´m working towards that.

In spite that I would say I own the 24, I´ve been struggling to progress to the 32. I´ve had tight muscles and other issues mostle related with swings.

I´m now thinking on jumping to the 28 instead of the 32, which will likely make my life easier. Will see.
upload_2018-9-11_20-30-17.png
upload_2018-9-11_20-30-35.png

upload_2018-9-17_18-53-54.png

upload_2018-9-17_18-56-7.png

upload_2018-9-17_18-56-57.png

Things are getting back on track. I did 2 sets of 10 with the 28 and the rest with the 24 and it felt great. For TGU, I worked with 24, 28 and 32. I could do all 10 with the 32, but I dont want to take recovery resources from the swings, that are progressing more slowly. So Im not pushing it. Ive been feeling pretty energetic and recovering very well from the sessions.

So far so good. I could only do 4 sessions last week, plus the variety day of snatches and presses. Ill try to do at least 5 sessions of S&S next week.

The variety day is a lot of fun. I did 8x7 snatches with the 20 and 3x (1,2,3) C&P with the 20. Then some front squats with 20+24. Im not sure the variety day is resulting in a light day. My upper back feels quite sore the day after. Anyway, I dont think it will affect S&S progress negatively.

Today I decided to compare my sessions since I first started using the HR monitor and my last session. I´m quite happy with the results.

This is my first session with the HR monitor. 10x10 1HS with the 24 in 14 minutes, average HR 125:

upload_2018-9-21_10-39-6.png

This is my last session with the HR monitor. 6x10 1HS 24 kg and 4x10 1HS 28 kg. 11:59, average HR 125:

upload_2018-9-21_10-40-38.png

I have reduced 2 minutes, maintained the average HR at 125 and added 2 sets with the 28. Im getting fitter :)

Personal note: I think I should avoid coffee when I want to test myself as it can affect HR.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-21_10-38-38.png
    upload_2018-9-21_10-38-38.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Last week was quite bad, couldnt train for 6 days due to a bad flu. A pity, I was making good progress. I have the fantasy that I usually get the flu when I have been pushing my training a little bit. Actually, the day the symptoms first appeared, I did my training session, a total of 25 km by bike plus 1.5 hours kitesurfing. So it was more than an average day for sure. Something I should think about. Maybe pushing it for 3 weeks and then a lighter week is a good idea, something I should think about.

upload_2018-10-1_22-5-29.png

upload_2018-10-1_22-5-58.png

upload_2018-10-1_22-4-45.png

Nice week for training. I took it easy since it was the first week after the flu. I did most my swings with the 28, and most days I did 8 sets instead of 10. This reflects as low tonnage, but it was more demanding than the previous weeks. Tonnage will ramp up next week, I think. This is why I think tonnage is not particularly representative of effort.

This week:
upload_2018-10-7_21-15-56.png

Weekly progress:
upload_2018-10-7_21-16-25.png

Weekly graphs:

upload_2018-10-7_21-17-48.png

Another very good week went by. 5 training sessions, all of them 10x10 with the 28, for the first time. Also, first week where I did 10x1 TGU with the 32, which felt pretty good. I even tried a TGU with 40 kg, attaching some ankle weights to the KB, and went up surprisingly easily. This was awesome.

After the 40 kg TGU, all subsequent ones with the 32 felt extremely easy and fluid. The TGU with the 40 wasnt particularly hard either. I wonder if I should keep doing TGU with 40 kg for the second rep, to make the subsequent ones easier and with better technique.

For this week I will keep doing 28 for swings and 32 for TGU, with the exceptional TGU with 40. Maybe, if possible, aim for more days per week. I´m needing quite long rest periods between sets of swings now.

upload_2018-10-16_21-44-11.png

upload_2018-10-16_21-48-15.png

upload_2018-10-16_21-48-50.png

I don't think it would necessarily be a bad idea to implement the heavier bell that way.

The old weights really get a lot easier to lift after getting new heavier lifts. That's why I always tell people to do heavy singles, here and at the gym, that even if they're not chasing PRs, their regular training will feel so much easier after having a taste of the heavier weight.

And it doesn't have to always be that much heavier, especially relatively taken some really small increments will do. The kettlebell is a bit lacking in that way, as the jumps are typically so large.

I don't think it would necessarily be a bad idea to implement the heavier bell that way.

The old weights really get a lot easier to lift after getting new heavier lifts. That's why I always tell people to do heavy singles, here and at the gym, that even if they're not chasing PRs, their regular training will feel so much easier after having a taste of the heavier weight.

And it doesn't have to always be that much heavier, especially relatively taken some really small increments will do. The kettlebell is a bit lacking in that way, as the jumps are typically so large.
I agree, I think it is a good idea. Maybe I dont have to go as heavy as 40, nor do too many reps, nor do it every day. But I will do at least 1 rep with 40 a few times a week for sure to see how it goes.

Another good week went by. Did 5 sessions of swings and 4 sessions of TGU. I played football and hit my quad quite bad, that´s why I couldnt train more days.

I´m doing less volume the day before football and it seems to be paying off, I´m feeling very good physically on the court.

upload_2018-10-24_22-6-8.png

upload_2018-10-24_22-7-42.png

upload_2018-10-24_22-8-26.png

I forgot to update the log here last week, so I´m updating the last 2 weeks.

My shoulder has been bothering me for these last two weeks. Both shoulders actually, but mostly my left one now. It appears to be muscle tightness in the deltoids. I think it might be related to doing the negative floor press of TGU with only one hand, even when going heavy like 40 kg. I couldnt do many TGU these last 2 weeks. I did some light presses, bench presses and similar excercises to get the muscles moving and see if they get better. At the time of writing this, its not bothering me as much, so it seemed to work. I´ll start slowly going back to my previous working weights.

Swings are going great. I´ve been doing a few sets with the 32 pretty confidently. I´m not planning on moving to the 32 any time soon, but I just do a few sets per week to make the 28 feel lighter.

upload_2018-11-16_10-2-57.png

upload_2018-11-16_9-59-43.png

upload_2018-11-16_10-0-16.png

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom