all posts post new thread

Kettlebell simple & sinister on my birthday

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

António Almeida

Level 2 Valued Member
I achieved the simple& sinister (32 Kg) on my 49 birthday (yesterday). i strugled but i did it. what should be me next KB? 36Kg? i would like to buy a heavier one so i don't buy a lot of them, but i need to be realistic. I still need to improve the 32Kg to become easier.
here in Lisbon (Portugal) there are only crossfit gyms or the others. i like doing crossfit, but i would prefer less things....maybe one day someone will open a Strongfirst gym here.

I like your video! Happy Birthday and Congratulations on Simple.

I think I would say a 40kg for your next kettlebell. Then you can mix the 32kg and 40 as the S&S book describes.

I like your video! Happy Birthday and Congratulations on Simple.

I think I would say a 40kg for your next kettlebell. Then you can mix the 32kg and 40 as the S&S book describes.
Thanks a lot for your comment.
i think it's a good idea. I can start with two arms at beginning.
At this moment, my main dificulty is the grip during the swing.

Congrats, and you gave yourself an excellent present.
You could work on owning Simple while you tee up your 36 purchase.
Get certified and start you own gym, which could be as simple as a nice park.
Hi Don.
Thanks for your answer.
i will buy the 36 or the 40.
i like the idea about the certification and the gym...i will start thinking about it.
i'm doing a few certicications now (health coach and others), but i like kettlebells :) .... maybe in 2021 (my 50th birthday)

Parabens e Feliz anniversario

I would get a 40kg (36 for days you're not feeling it) and then keep getting stronger..

Eventually, working on getting certified would be a great goal.

Parabens e Feliz anniversario

I would get a 40kg (36 for days you're not feeling it) and then keep getting stronger..

Eventually, working on getting certified would be a great goal.
Hi Mark.
Thank you for your answer.
I will get the 40 Kg. I have one year in front of me now (until my 50th birthday) , so i can record a new video with the 40 Kg :)
keep strong!

Hello Strong People !
One year later i'm back with my new video at my 50th Birthday with the 40 Kg...watching sinister goal, maybe next birthday :)
By now i will keep doing with the 40 Kg until i feel the test easier ( i was not able to breathe by the nose the all time).

As a 47 year old man, this is great motivation for me to see! Nice work!

Get certified and start you own gym, which could be as simple as a nice park.

Not to hijack the thread, but ...

I've been making a good living as a software developer for a quarter of a century, but I've read more books and spent more of my free time thinking about kettlebells over the last year than anything else. What kind of living can you make in the fitness world? I think I'd get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from it, but I'd like to know more about how realistic it is for me. Are there any existing threads on it?

I've been making a good living as a software developer for a quarter of a century, but I've read more books and spent more of my free time thinking about kettlebells over the last year than anything else. What kind of living can you make in the fitness world? I think I'd get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from it, but I'd like to know more about how realistic it is for me. Are there any existing threads on it?
I do not know of any specific SF threads on how to make a living in the fitness world, but I've been doing it for 30 yrs. self employed, as of this month. Keep your day gig. Walk the talk. Get certified. Pick up students/clients from your software contacts. Go from there.

Thanks, @Don Fairbanks. I have an opportunity to use education funds from my office to pay for the certification, and I'm also planning on starting a kettlebell club once we're all back in the office, which I wanted to use as an experiment to see how well I enjoy it and and if I can attract students/clients.

Thanks, @Don Fairbanks. I have an opportunity to use education funds from my office to pay for the certification, and I'm also planning on starting a kettlebell club once we're all back in the office, which I wanted to use as an experiment to see how well I enjoy it and and if I can attract students/clients.

Agree, good plan. I've stayed with my IT job that I've been in since 2001 while spending time/resources on fitness since 2015 (StrongFirst courses/certs, NASM-CPT, and a few other organization courses/certs). I worked 2 years as a part-time personal trainer 2017-2019 and also did a handful of for-hire hourly lessons for people that have contacted me through this site since 2015. It's a strange time right now to be in the business... I've largely stepped to the side, since my full-time job keeps me busy and the gyms and industry were upended from the pandemic, but things are settling back to normal now, it seems. Not sure if I'll get back in or not, TBH, but I always love to help people understand strength training and teach the skills. The nice thing about the forum here is I can do that whenever I feel like it or have time, and not be obligated. But to really get a feel for it, you have to work with people, in person, and accumulate a lot of time doing that. Then you can see what you like, what you're good at, and what there is a market for.

There are some good past threads if you use the search feature "personal training" in title. Here is one: Best Path to do personal training ?

Hello.

Thank you for the nice comments!
I'm also in a life changing phase, but I'm doing it little by little. in relation to fitness, more than information, people need motivation, having someone's support and belonging to a group.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom