all posts post new thread

Kettlebell simplex sigillum veri

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harald Motz

Level 8 Valued Member
until next weekend I will be finishing another great program provided by SF (protocol 520).
Ingredients:
one Kettlebell (3 to 4 different weights)
two movements (a pull(swing) and a press)
a clock for timing
two training days a week for seven weeks
crystal clear instructions what to do (and giving the freedom to
add my own stuff)

You can only shed fat and build muscle with a barbell or working two Kettlebells?
I don't think so...caution: it is not for the glycolytic-averse.

I can hear the sound of one hand slapping...from Pavel in the face of planet fitness. He makes it as simple as it has to be and must be. Simplicity's sign of truth is apparent when it is confirmed by experience...

Have nice late summer's weekend all of you.

Last edited:
Very good, Harald - thank you for the report. A program with only two training days and only using single kettlebells - sounds awesome.

-S-

My results on the plan520:

+ my bodyweight dropped from 95kg to 92kg in the seven week period
+ I wear my belt one hole tighter, obviously lost fat around my waist
+ 1RM in the press stayed at 47kg on both arms
+ 5 min snatch test with 32kg increased from 70reps to 80reps (+14,3%)
without any snatching in the period and before
+ increased my zercher squat pr from 180kg to 190kg last weekend
(I performed zerchers on other days in this period)

I am pleased with the outcome. One bell. Two training days. Swing. Press. Simple. Sinister. Efficient. Brutal. (at least a little bit)

Last edited:
Harold, that sounds cool. I must admit that I did gain muscle when I did the Rite of Passage, so I am not surprised.

Yes John, this combination of medium rep intense swings, grinds and rest seems to be a simple and effective way to improve body composition rapidly.

Thanks, Harald! I remember that post about participating in the research protocol. Man, if I had known it was two days a week - I would've thrown my hat in the ring immediately.

Appreciate you taking a look at my blog. Josephine is pretty incredible. But all parents should think the same thing about their little ones. Now that we have a glitzier and interactive forum, I should upload some photos of her swinging the little 1.8lb kettlebell that I made for her. I don't have great building skills. But what I lack in skill, I make up for in enthusiasm for the project. It has a dowel handle. The "bell" part is actually a little 1lb round rock that I sometimes have her "throw" in Highland Games Braemar style in the yard with me. I wrapped the rock in a fluffy hand towel. Then duct taped the heck out of all that to make it somewhat round-ish. Then used more duct tape to attach the dowel handle to the "bell." It is very sturdy. I took it out to a field and threw it like a miniature Light Weight For Distance (Highland Games) implement and it withstood some pretty long throws with no complaints. I padded it so that she would #1) not hurt herself. #2) NOT HURT ME OR MY WIFE. #3) not hurt the pets. :)

K-phant, you seem to count one and one together...

It is yet another time that the programming genius of Mr. Tsatsouline becomes apparent to me. This is a program I will come back some time in the future. I think you can tweak on your nutrition: get a calorie plus and build muscle, stay at your calories and shed fat.
I think I will enjoy my next few weeks meditating on the park bench on simpleandsinister...

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom