all posts post new thread

Since It Cost A Lot to Win (training log)

10-30-22

p.m. at gym
DMPM plus day
3x5 halo at 24kg bell
Gob Sq 4x3 at 24kg
Swings 3x5 1 arm swings @ 16kg, 2x10 2 hand swings @24kg
Mike Tyson Push ups 3x10

Plus lift-Deadlift
DL 3x2 at 225, 3x1@255
Snatch grip DL 3x3 @135

Ab work
forward fold to Lsit prep
Rev Hyper (+15lbs) 8-10-10
L sit 21" 24" 24"

finisher 5x1 TGU each side at 24kg bell

stretch 10' hips and hamstrings

78' of work

10-31-22

a.m. @gym
OS RS 5'
DMPM plus
Gob Squats "Big 55" (10...1)
Swings 6x10 at 24kb - two hands
Mike Tyson Push Ups 3x10, 2x5 (=40)

plus lift - Jefferson Curls
5x2 at 45lbs
Waiter carry 4x30yards each arm (24kg bell)

5' neck, quad mobility
=60' of work

p.m. 45' walk

Simple and Sinister....S+S.... Starting from Scratch....

I am starting back with Kettlebells. What better place to start than Simple?

Two months ago, for the first time in my fifty years on the planet, I had to deal with a fairly significant injury. As often happens with lower back issues, nothing single event precipitated the back injury, but it did require MRIs, C/T scans, ortho visits, and ultimately one round of steroid shots to the affected area. The physical therapy world was new to me, as well. I found it..... lacking. Well, maybe that's not fair. There was a little something that I could take with me after each session, but the depth of knowledge I was looking for was not there. One big takeaway, four sessions in and the PT asked my goal, and it all came back to me. I want to get to Simple. It is a LONG way away, but Simple would mean that I am back. I am healed. And that is where I want to be.

So, I started back and I am a few sessions in. My sessions for now, are going to be more about finding the edge. Getting only mildly uncomfortable, and then backing off. Today was a good example.

Five minutes of OS resets, 2x3 Goblet Squats at 20k, 3x5 Halo at 20k.
Swings were 16kg bell, one handed, and 20kg bell two handed. Taking my time, making the reps as crisp as possible.
TGU work was 10 total at 20kg. The TGU work is improving quickly.

Smart and experienced trainees, please guide me.

Back
Top Bottom