all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Single Arm Swing - Sore neck and trap

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Leonardo da Benchy

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello all,

New to the forum, and kettlebells.

I can do the full routine with the 16kg bell. My right trap, neck, and shoulder hurt after. If I stand straight and raise my right hand over my head, it hurts. Two arm swings did not cause this issue, and my left side does not hurt at all. I tried googling and searching this forum to see if anyone experienced something similar, but did not find what I was looking for, probably due to poor phrasing.

thoughts?

Ugh I've been meaning to post a video of my own form because I seem to be running into this lately too

Hello all,

New to the forum, and kettlebells.

I can do the full routine with the 16kg bell. My right trap, neck, and shoulder hurt after. If I stand straight and raise my right hand over my head, it hurts. Two arm swings did not cause this issue, and my left side does not hurt at all. I tried googling and searching this forum to see if anyone experienced something similar, but did not find what I was looking for, probably due to poor phrasing.

thoughts?
Definitely post a video.

What is highly likely is that you get tight in your neck, traps, could be even the face. All that area should be relaxed, or at least not squeezed too much, during the lift. And/or not packing the shoulder.

Definitely post a video.

What is highly likely is that you get tight in your neck, traps, could be even the face. All that area should be relaxed, or at least not squeezed too much, during the lift. And/or not packing the shoulder.

Oh I'm definitely doing it wrong then. I squeeze my shoulders back and up to protect my ribs. Where one of them meets the spine it slides around or pops in and out or something if I don't.

Sounds like you have the S&S book -- I would suggest revisiting pg 28-44 -- every word is important!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom