all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Single leg DL

dobie

Level 5 Valued Member
Wow,
First time doing these and the soreness is incredible in the glutes. I only did 2 sets 5 per leg with 20 pound kb, they were super slow reps because not great at them yet, balance aspect.
Watched a video on them by pavel.
How would you program these weekly? This is only weighted movement im doing. All else body weight

TimothyGander

Level 5 Valued Member
Easy Strength-style. Train five times a week, doing no more than 10 reps each day. Some suggested rep schemes: 2x5, 2x4, 3x3, 5x2, 6x1 (you can use different weights with each rep scheme, or use these as a progression when introducing a heavier bell).

John K

Level 7 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Wow,
First time doing these and the soreness is incredible in the glutes. I only did 2 sets 5 per leg with 20 pound kb, they were super slow reps because not great at them yet, balance aspect.
Watched a video on them by pavel.
How would you program these weekly? This is only weighted movement im doing. All else body weight
I like to build up to 2-3 sets of 12 per leg, then up the weight and start over at 2-3 sets of 5.

MikeL

Level 5 Valued Member
I use them as an accessory once per week, on a non main-DL day (gets the hinge in without overloading the same movement).

John K

Level 7 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
I do them as part of a warm up routine on any day that I squat or deadlift.
I love them as a warmup. I use them as a part of my warmup on most days. I haven't noticed any loss in gains from doing them yet either.

Top Bottom