all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Sinister vs Beast Tamer.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I would agree that being heavier is a bigger advantage for Sinister; there is no movement that incorporates bodyweight like the pull up and pistol.

They're very different challenges. BT/IM really challenges pure strength. It's like a SF powerlifting competition.

Sinister on the other hand doesn't have the same brute force demand, but requires a lot more of the cardiovascular system as well as stamina to get through everything in the alloted time.

If I was going to try I would aim to do Sinister first and then build on that foundation for BT

I would agree that being heavier is a bigger advantage for Sinister; there is no movement that incorporates bodyweight like the pull up and pistol.

They're very different challenges. BT/IM really challenges pure strength. It's like a SF powerlifting competition.

Sinister on the other hand doesn't have the same brute force demand, but requires a lot more of the cardiovascular system as well as stamina to get through everything in the alloted time.

If I was going to try I would aim to do Sinister first and then build on that foundation for BT

Interesting: you think Sinister is actually easier to attain for big guys, because while bodyweight can help the Press, it's a liability for the Weighted Pull Up and Pistol? Others have said pretty much the opposite; that Sinister is easier to achieve for lighter athletes while BT/IM favours heavier athletes.

Interesting: you think Sinister is actually easier to attain for big guys, because while bodyweight can help the Press, it's a liability for the Weighted Pull Up and Pistol? Others have said pretty much the opposite; that Sinister is easier to achieve for lighter athletes while BT/IM favours heavier athletes.
I think *both* favor bigger athletes. Sinister however is only benefited by size (and, accompanying strength). Whereas the Pull Up/Pistol put increased body composition demands on larger athletes.

As for which challenge is harder, that's like asking what is harder, a snatch test or 1/2 BW press.

In general, if someone can press a bell they can do several TGU with it. So for that athlete the challenge with Sinister is going to be the density of swings. So, if someone can do BT they have the strength for Sinister, but maybe not the Stamina.

Somewhat related, I imagine both punish height.

Efit: Sinister does also have greater demands on symmetry. BT/IM allows you to do press and pistol on just one side

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom