all posts post new thread

Bodyweight sitting posture/ l sit and difficulty keeping low back straight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
hey new to forum first post, I’ve been have issues sitting up straight with my legs straight out in front of me, my butt/low back wants to tuck. No painful for low back so much as legs. Any clue? I asked my physical therpist but she said she can only tell me if I need to go to dr based on states guidelines for treatment. I’m 6 ft relatively long legs. Is it the inflexibility in low back hamstrings ?
It could also be you have deeper hip sockets than others. Stretching won’t fix this.

In regards to anterior pelvic tilt: poor pelvic posture facilitates the hamstrings via lack of proper trunk and hip muscle balance. Many people I see with “tight” hamstrings actually have hip joints that are quite mobile, but because they do not posture correctly their hamstrings are facilitated due to gluteal and abdominal inhibition and so they feel tight in their hamstrings. It is easy to test this. You have them lay on their back (because the poor NMS control is engrained they will still exhibit the problem while on their back) and you passively raise the leg on one side while monitoring the opposite ilium for movement. The point of movement is where the hamstrings start to tension. Then have them lightly engage their abs in a brace and try again. The difference can be astounding. It’s a simple neurological reflex. These are the people that should be working on core stability and balance before hamstring stretching.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom