all posts post new thread

Kettlebell size&strength with kettlebells 2days/week

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

sashinsky

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi folks

I'm looking for a good kettlebell size and strength program that requires two days of training per week and maybe has the possibility to combine it with pull ups.
The main problem is that the programs that i know/found are 3days per week programs (DFW ; TTC; MKBM ; etc)
Has anyone an idea?

I had this on, what is a kind of ladder complex supersetted with pull ups.
1 double clean > 1 double press > 1 double frontsquat
little rest
1 pull up
little rest
2 double clean > 2 double press > 2 double frontsquuat
little rest
2 pull ups
little rest
than 3 of each and start again at 1rep at each. Maybe 5 Rounds. The 1-3 rep range is also just an example.

What are you thinking about that???

Kind regards from Germany

I think you can make decent progress with 2x/week because it allows for plenty of recovery and therefore a high intensity and volume for each session which is great for size and not too bad for strength (although not optimal for strength).
I would recommend choosing only a few big double kettlebell exercises and milking those:
-double clean and press and/or double military press
-double front squats
-pullups/chinups

Next you should have an idea if your ~8-10rep max for each ecercise. That would be your starting weight.

The programme:
1a. Clean and press or military press: 10x5
1b. Pullup/chinup: 10x5
2. Front squat: 5x5

Rest between sets: 2-5 min.

You start with your 8-10 rm for each exercise. Do sets of 5 and progressively but not too aggresively work up to sets of 10. Once you can do sets of 10 with no more than 2 mins between sets go up a bell size (4kg) and start again at sets of 3-5.
The reason for "only" 5 sets of front squats is simply because 10 sets would probably suck the life out of you.

Regards from Germany to Germany

@Marc
Thanks a lot for your reply. It sounds great and I will give it a try. Maybe I‘ll do two slightly different workouts and bring in some variety.
Day1
1a. clean and press 10x5
1b. inverted rows 10x5
2. frontsquat 5x5

Day2
1a. press 10x5
1b. pull ups 10x5
2a. frontsquat 5x5
2b. swings 5x5

That programme would work equally as good, I'd say. But you'd probably need to drop a bell size for strict presses and front squats when supersetted with swings. This is not a bad thing at all if you have access to various bells.

to find a solid training program that fits into my life. in my opinion 2x/week is a good deal. so my week maybe looks like this:
monday: kettlebell
tuesday: mtb
wednesday: rest
thursday: kettlebell
friday: rest
saturday: mtb
sunday: pizza and icecream :D

i did ran a similiar template a few years ago in a normal fitness gym and had good results. now i want to go this way again with kettlebells.

My current template:

Session A:

- Front Squat
- Incline Row (torso at 45°)
- Dip
- Cleans

Session B:

- Sumo Romanian Deadlift
- Overhead Press
- Pull Up
- Rack Carry

Sets and reps... it all depends: 5x5, 5x10, 10x5 or anything else you like. It's all good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom